[16.0][macOS 10][iMac] Interaction with entities only possible with player in specific position

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [16.0][macOS 10][iMac] Interaction with entities only possible with player in specific position

Post by HanziQ »

Since this issue doesn't happen on any Macs we have, I don't have many ways to make this go faster. Fixing minor bugs is not more important, but there are not many Mac developers on the team, so again, I don't know how to make this faster. You can play 0.15.40, that's why 0.16.x is experimental.

Please upload logs and screenshots from the About This Mac menu.

diLuca
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [16.0][macOS 10][iMac] Interaction with entities only possible with player in specific position

Post by diLuca »

if u need anything else just ask

ps: its not possible to revert my current saves once i opened them in 16.x which i did before i found out whats going on and i am not in the mood to restart fresh in 15.x since my games are usually 50h+ . i could care less and move on what other players eventually already did without information after they found out the same bug
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(55.35 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
factorio-current.log
(31.54 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

kissiel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kissiel »

Still having problems selecting entities.
My machine spec attached. I use default scaling option in the System Settings/Display

Here's the screengrab of the bug in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZa8gnO ... e=youtu.be
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 20.54.21.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 20.54.21.png (221.15 KiB) Viewed 4914 times

i-am-dan-c
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by i-am-dan-c »

I am having the same issue, rather annoying to say the least not to see it fixed 16.4. But I do appreciate the good work the Devs are doing!

Any workarounds?

ToddTM
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ToddTM »

Now playing 0.6.4 (build 34391, mac, steam) without any issues. Don't know what you did, don't care, must build! Thanks for an awesome game!

diLuca
Inserter
Inserter

Post by diLuca »

looks like it finally works now after a quick patch, thank you.

false alarm, not working still, it worked after i alt tabbed back to the game but as soon i moved the bug came back again

ketralnis2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ketralnis2 »

Moving this here from viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55081
I can't mouse over or click on anything that appears in an X position greater than about 1200. I can't pin it down to an exact number but it's somewhere around 1288 pixels. Mousing over resource tiles or buildings does not activate the right-hand overlay and doesn't show the outline that indicates what is being moused over, and clicking has no effect. It occurs both in normal mode and in map overview mode (or whatever it's called when you hit "m"). I've recorded a 20-second video showing the behaviour: https://youtu.be/EemWoFg3dQ4

The Y direction appears to be unaffected, or if it is then my monitor isn't tall enough to trigger it.

I have a widescreen display that's 2560x1080. This is Factorio 0.16.4 on Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G18013)
I'm experiencing it on 0.16.4 on a macbook pro (so not an imac 5k). It's unaffected by alt-tabbing. Unlike diLuca who can only click in quadrant III mine appears to be after a fixed pixel width

diLuca
Inserter
Inserter

Post by diLuca »

ketralnis2 wrote:Moving this here from viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55081
I can't mouse over or click on anything that appears in an X position greater than about 1200. I can't pin it down to an exact number but it's somewhere around 1288 pixels. Mousing over resource tiles or buildings does not activate the right-hand overlay and doesn't show the outline that indicates what is being moused over, and clicking has no effect. It occurs both in normal mode and in map overview mode (or whatever it's called when you hit "m"). I've recorded a 20-second video showing the behaviour: https://youtu.be/EemWoFg3dQ4

The Y direction appears to be unaffected, or if it is then my monitor isn't tall enough to trigger it.

I have a widescreen display that's 2560x1080. This is Factorio 0.16.4 on Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G18013)
I'm experiencing it on 0.16.4 on a macbook pro (so not an imac 5k). It's unaffected by alt-tabbing. Unlike diLuca who can only click in quadrant III mine appears to be after a fixed pixel width
thats interesting, your bug is different to mine but bottom line the same problem. and yeah, i can click everything as intended in "quadrant III" in character and on radar screen. everything else is not clickable in all other 3 quadrants on my screen.

diLuca
Inserter
Inserter

Post by diLuca »

another observation i made is that i can click all quadrants in crafting, game settings, chest etc -screens. the bug manifests only on the main-gamescreen (+ in radar)

kissiel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kissiel »

Tested 0.16.5, bug still there.

But I got a few new discoveries.
When unable to select entity, cmd+tab to another window (Steam library in my case).
Go back to Factorio (with cmd+tab), and the bug is gone (50% of the time - sometimes I need to cmd+tab a couple of times)... Until I start clicking and dragging.

Maybe this'll help.

ketralnis2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ketralnis2 »

Log and About this Mac screenshot attached.

Another thread mentioned this thread about overwolf as a possible cause but I don't have overwolf installed, or anything like it.
Attachments
Untitled 2.png
Untitled 2.png (40.75 KiB) Viewed 4490 times
factorio-current.log
(4.47 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

I made another test build, can you try? factorio_alpha_0.16.6.dmg As usual, don't use this on your saves, compatibility is not guaranteed.

kissiel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kissiel »

HanziQ wrote:I made another test build, can you try? factorio_alpha_0.16.6.dmg As usual, don't use this on your saves, compatibility is not guaranteed.
Holy unladen swallow.
It works.
Not only the bug is gone, but the graphics feel much smoother when walking around.

diLuca
Inserter
Inserter

Post by diLuca »

i can confirm that this bug is gone after 2 hours playing the new test build 0.16.6.dmg

please release, thanks

out of interest, what was the problem?

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

Looks like broken detection of mouse leaving the window. Not sure though.

diLuca
Inserter
Inserter

Post by diLuca »

another 4 hours, everything works, no gamebreaking bugs on iMac, good job.

zwamkat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zwamkat »

I agree. Have not experienced the described problem. (macOS High Sierra, 10.13.2 - MacBook Pro, 15 inch, Retina)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”