factorio resource planner

Enhance your gameplay with these tools. This category is also the right place for tools useful for modders.
Mod databases, calculators, cheatsheets, multiplayer, scripts, libs and other useful stuff that is not strictly in-game mods.
tenim
Inserter
Inserter

factorio resource planner

Post by tenim »

hello,

i have wrote in the last days this software to calculate how my oil setups behave. maybe, someone of you find this tool helpful.

if you find any errors, have suggestion, write it in this thread.

download (newest version 0.21):
http://www.grossrechnerarchiv.de/factor ... planner.7z
Last edited by tenim on Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tenim
Inserter
Inserter

Re: factorio resource planner

Post by tenim »

version 0.2 released.
bugfix: it was not possible to set simulation steps>255. fixed.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Hope you've got tooltips because that is one heck of a confusing layout.

I worked out Number of Oil Refineries, also CP = Chemical Plant and Heavy Oil Cracking etc, then Solid Fuel for heavy/light oil and petroleum. Then chem plants for... SUlphur, PLastic... BAtteries... Processing Units... Sulphuric Acid? But why is that down there while Lubricant is up the top? If you have Sulphuric Acid does that include the Sulphur?

Personally I would expand the names a bit, use shortened versions if needed. Instead of "Num. OR (Advanced)" just have "Refineries (Advanced)". Don't bother with "CP", there's only one machine that can make all this stuff, so just "HO Cracking", "LO Cracking", "PET Cracking". I would also put Lubricant down with the other products for consistency. Expand those terms too, just "Sulphur", "Batteries", etc, perhaps rename the whole section box thing to Production Machines or something.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

tenim
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tenim »

the "Help" button (now down, right beside the exit button) opens a window that explain something. i also have added a diagram legend on the left to explain the x,y meanings. hovering with the mouse over the diagram filter checkboxes also shows the complete meaning of the selected fluid.
But why is that down there while Lubricant is up the top?
the order is unimportant for the simulation, i added lubricant on top because it is one of the things you can first create.
If you have Sulphuric Acid does that include the Sulphur?
no, sulphuric acid is only produced if you have at least one chemical plant which produces sulfur. produced sulfur is not shown in the diagram, only liquids (see the help-section). also produced plastics, batteries, production units. they only exist to calculate the consumd fluids and make the simulation realistic.

p.s.
i have uploaded a new version 0.21 wich contains the tooptipe and the diagram legend. same link like in the initial post.

tenim
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tenim »

have made a new version 0.22, witch now contains all assembling machines/stuff that consumes fluids and which is also adapted to the new 0.15 oil processing fluid values.

download:

http://www.grossrechnerarchiv.de/factor ... planner.7z

tenim

Return to “Tools”