script to flag mods as comptible with 0.14

Enhance your gameplay with these tools. This category is also the right place for tools useful for modders.
Mod databases, calculators, cheatsheets, multiplayer, scripts, libs and other useful stuff that is not strictly in-game mods.
Berserker55
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

script to flag mods as comptible with 0.14

Post by Berserker55 »

Just a quick script I put together to mark mods as compatible with factorio 0.14.
Most mods will load just fine, due the minor changes made.

To run:

extract the modrepack.py into whatever folder holds your mods, just put it in there with all the mod .zip (does not work with uncompressed mods).
Then, run it. A console window should open, it does its thing and then you're good to go. It will also create .backup files of everything it touches.
Usual disclaimer that making your own backup is always good.

If the .py file is not recognized,make sure you have python. On Mac/Linux this comes with your OS, on windows you may have to grab a version from python.org and install "latest stable".
This is similar to .Net/Java/Flash, where you download the necessary runtimes to launch programs made with a framework.

PS: The script on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/DBE9p2QF
PPS: Bob's mods needs more updating, for example bob's logistics touches diesel-locomotive, which has been renamed (?)
Attachments
modrepack.zip
(532 Bytes) Downloaded 137 times

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: script to flag mods as comptible with 0.14

Post by Nexela »

os.listdir requires an argument. After fixing that I ran into a second issue of it looping each letter in the name and not working so I fixed that by replacing the first for loop with this to make it work.

files = [f for f in os.listdir('.') if os.path.isfile(f)]

After that everything worked hunky dorey with some minor not worth worrying about problems
#1. each line in info.json has 1 whitespace char at the end. --just whitespace doesn't affect anything and besides this is just a stopgap till authors get their updates pushed out
#2. It pretty formats the dependencies tables -- This one is nice :)

Return to “Tools”