Config Editor - In-Game Configuration Editor for Mods

Enhance your gameplay with these tools. This category is also the right place for tools useful for modders.
Mod databases, calculators, cheatsheets, multiplayer, scripts, libs and other useful stuff that is not strictly in-game mods.
Zinal
Inserter
Inserter

Config Editor - In-Game Configuration Editor for Mods

Post by Zinal »

Note: I'm not sure if I should release this as a tool or a mod, since it's both a tool and mod..

Config Editor

An In-Game Configuration Editor for mods

Config Editor is a Remote Interface mod for Factorio which creates an in-game configuration editor for other mods.

Making a config.lua file to store a mods configuration options is not ideal for your clients, since they have to have the exact same config.lua file in their mod (Any changes to that config.lua file will have to be uploaded to your clients).

Instead, use this mod to store and sync your mod's configuration options between clients!

The mod/interface can be found here (with documentation!): https://github.com/Zinal001/FactorioConfigEditor

Changelog

Version 0.1.3
  • Updated the layout of the editor windows. Added sprite-buttons instead of the "Close" & "Cancel" buttons (See screenshots below)
Version 0.1.2
  • Added method generate_compatible_output. This method converts a table into an compatible config table.
  • Added inspect.lua to print nicely-formatted tables
Version 0.1.1
  • Support for saving tables
Version 0.1.0
  • Support for saving string, number and boolean variables.
Screenshots:
GUIButton.jpg
GUIButton.jpg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 5502 times
EditorMenu.jpg
EditorMenu.jpg (706.29 KiB) Viewed 5502 times
ConfigMenu.jpg
ConfigMenu.jpg (701.86 KiB) Viewed 5502 times
Last edited by Zinal on Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Config Editor - In-Game Configuration Editor for Mods

Post by Supercheese »

Very neat! Even though it looks like it can't handle prototype data, it's still potentially quite nice for the remainder of config options.
I'll look into making Orbital Ion Cannon's relevant settings compatible with this.

Zinal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zinal »

Supercheese wrote:Very neat! Even though it looks like it can't handle prototype data, it's still potentially quite nice for the remainder of config options.
I'll look into making Orbital Ion Cannon's relevant settings compatible with this.
Great!

About prototypes.. Aren't they initialized before all mods (in the data.lua file)?

Version 0.1.1 Released
Config Editor now support tables!
Just remember to set the dataType (or just type) parameter to table.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Zinal wrote:About prototypes.. Aren't they initialized before all mods (in the data.lua file)?
Yeah, they're in the data.lua stage. I have several config options that affect prototype data; not sure how they could be handled by a mod such as this.

Zinal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zinal »

Supercheese wrote:Yeah, they're in the data.lua stage. I have several config options that affect prototype data; not sure how they could be handled by a mod such as this.
Sadly, not possible. A mod is not loaded at that stage... So no entity definitions :?

Version 0.1.2 Released
See changelog in the first post for information

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Sweet can't wait until the text button is replaced with a purty picture so I can install this and play with it!

Zinal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zinal »

Nexela wrote:Sweet can't wait until the text button is replaced with a purty picture so I can install this and play with it!
I was already in the progress of updating the layout of all the buttons & windows :P

Version 0.1.3 Released

anamaria
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by anamaria »

I have good and very good trial.

Return to “Tools”