[0.12+] Factorio Save Manager

Enhance your gameplay with these tools. This category is also the right place for tools useful for modders.
Mod databases, calculators, cheatsheets, multiplayer, scripts, libs and other useful stuff that is not strictly in-game mods.
Simple_AOB
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.12+] Factorio Save Manager

Post by Simple_AOB »

I'd like to preface this post by saying I am unsure whether this is the correct subforum for posting such a tool. I was unable to contact a moderator before hand due to insufficient forum reputation so PM's are disabled for me...

Factorio Save Manager

What's its purpose?
I, as a gamer and Factorio enthusiast was getting annoying with the current autosave system in place. I would often exit a game and load up a multiplayer game with friends only to later realize that the map I was playing I was playing single player was not fully updated in the non-autosave version I had. By then, it was almost always too late as other saves were already overwritten in the autosave slots. This program fixes this issue by making a backup of EACH save file (including the autosaves[1-3]), as specified by the Paths.Saves option!

Why use this program?
It comes with several options that can be adjusted to your personal preference. Nothing is locked down and hard coded. Save any number of backups to your desire, whether it be 1 for each map or 500, it's supported. We can also do backups at any minute interval that is desired, all the options are in your hands!

Things to Note
*Automatically installs a 3 file mod (info.json, control.lua, data.lua) into the mods directory that is used purely as an interfacing method. This happens after the Launch Game button is pressed so if you launch for the first time and the mods directory is set wrong in the Options, you can change it without seeing any extra files.
*In order for us to interface with the game correctly and backup your files, you must set your mods directory to the correct place. When the game launches, we check for certain outputs from an embedded mod titled "SM Assistant". The only thing it does it output game events so that we can track what is happening inside of the game, due to running as an outside resource and not hooking into the game itself.

Requirements
DotNet Framework 4.5+
<1MB Free Space

Other Features
*Managed Factorio game launch (required to use FSM effecively). If Factorio is already running and you try to launch the game via FSM, it will automatically tell the game to save all files and exit. FSM will not continue without Factorio being closed
*Option to forcibly kill Factorio if it's stuck (such as during the loading screen)
*Map preview by simply clicking on the save name
*See all the saves backed up by FSM in a clean and simple Tree View container
*All options are set automatically and you will be notified if there is no game binary found.
*Does not require UAC or any advanced settings (unless you manually set any of the folders FSM accesses as Admin Only)
*Automatic update checking (can be disabled in options) to always stay up to date
*Fairly verbose console output

Downloads
FSM_1.0.0.zip
Factorio Save Manager v1.0.0
(260.04 KiB) Downloaded 708 times

MrDrummer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.12+] Factorio Save Manager

Post by MrDrummer »

Looks great! Will be sure to check it out.

pierre1316
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pierre1316 »

I don't now if it is because I have the game on steam or if it is Windows 8.1 but it doesn't work on my computer :(

Injen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Injen »

doesnt work for me

Return to “Tools”