Individual Spidertron Remotes on Quickbar Slots

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

MimoDX2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Individual Spidertron Remotes on Quickbar Slots

Post by MimoDX2 »

I'm really enjoying the addition of Spidertron on the game, after testing the first one i built (with laser turrets) i then decided to build another one that would serve a different purpose (building with roboports). Up until then, i had a shortcut in the Quickbar for the only Spidertron Remote i built. After building the second remote, i realized there is a small annoyance: You cannot set up which Spidertron Remote to use on the Quickbar. Instead, it will show the number of how many remotes i have and, presumably, select the first remote that it detects, which in this case is the combat Spidertron with laser turrets.

I understand that the implementation of RTS-like mechanics (controlling multiple Spidertrons to form a raid) might be incredibly game breaking to the point you guys decided to not include it. I'm also not saying this is intentional game design, it might just be an oversight, or there was no time to implement this feature since it might require some code rewriting. Regardless, as it stands, i have to open the inventory, and then find the remote among the rest of the items (which are not reliably organized), in order to select any Spidertron aside from the first one i built, even though the point of the Quickbar is, from my understanding, to be an organized shortcut for accessing the items i frequently use.

So, the suggestion is sorta obvious, it would be great if i could assign individual Spidertron Remotes to different Quickbar Slots (Slot 1: Laser Spidertron. Slot 2: Builder Spidertron). An alternate solution would be to select which Spidertron i want to control from a single Quickbar Slot (Not saying there should be only one remote, as i assume you need multiple remotes because of design reasons), i'm not sure what the most elegant way of doing this would be (A button + Mouse scroll? Pop-up selection menu?).

SirSmuggler
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Individual Spidertron Remotes on Quickbar Slots

Post by SirSmuggler »

Unless I totaly missunderstand, what you want is allready possible.
Link your controller before you put it on your hotbar and the shortcut will be to that specific controller.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

SirSmuggler wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:37 pm
Link your controller before you put it on your hotbar and the shortcut will be to that specific controller.
yes.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

MimoDX2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MimoDX2 »

SirSmuggler wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:37 pm
Welp, you are right. I did not think of doing that. Thanks for the help!

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”