Allow setting blueprint center by numbers

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Allow setting blueprint center by numbers

Post by mrvn »

TL;DR
Allow specifying the center of the blueprint by entering an (x, y) offset instead of moving it with the mouse.
What ?
For the grid size there are two integer boxes to modify the size. Add two such boxes for the center of the blueprint as well.
Why ?
For large blueprints moving the center to the exact tile can be difficult. Some people aren't as fine motoric as others and will jump between one to high and one to low for ages and tetsing that the alignment fits is a painfull process of opening and closing the blueprint all the time. If after testing one sees the blueprint is 1m to much to the right one can simple edit the center by one. Doing so with the mouse is painfull and one easily overshoots on large blueprints.

Also sometimes the center of the blueprint should be outside the blueprint and one can't drag the center that far.

As an example I tried making blueprints for a city grid rail design. One large blueprint that contains a whole block (4 crossroads with straight rails between them in a square). And then blueprints to add train stations to the sides of a block. They are as wide as a block but not verry high. But their center should be the center of a block so they can be rotated to fit any of the 4 sides. This simply doesn't seem to be possible to achieve without adding a dummy item to make the blueprint as large as the block.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Allow setting blueprint center by numbers

Post by Qon »

I'm also having problems adjusting the flag on my big blueprints. At some size of blueprints (and display size/resolution) the flag and the lines become invisible and the entities so small that you can't possibly adjust the flag tile perfectly.
Any time you have calculated the center position or want to modify it by some small known adjustment it is just superior to be able to type it in.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

mrvn wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:19 pm
But their center should be the center of a block so they can be rotated to fit any of the 4 sides. This simply doesn't seem to be possible to achieve without adding a dummy item to make the blueprint as large as the block.
I really like this. Enables symmetric rotations. But I guarantee that the next wish is to set such outside points by mouse.:)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

ssilk wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:58 am
mrvn wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:19 pm
But their center should be the center of a block so they can be rotated to fit any of the 4 sides. This simply doesn't seem to be possible to achieve without adding a dummy item to make the blueprint as large as the block.
I really like this. Enables symmetric rotations. But I guarantee that the next wish is to set such outside points by mouse.:)
One problem at a time.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”