[QoL][clipboard][BP] optionally include tiles when copying

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Twisted_Code
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[QoL][clipboard][BP] optionally include tiles when copying

Post by Twisted_Code »

since the idea of the copy & paste tools is to avoid having to make temporary blueprints, I find it strange I still have to do so when I want to copy some tiles that are under whatever else I'm copying. It doesn't happen often, but when it happens (most often when I'm deploying train tracks near water), it feels like I'm taking a step back into Factorio 0.16. maybe there could be an option somewhere around the hot bar (though I'm not sure exactly where) to allow tiles to be forcibly included when copying?
How to report bugs effectively (archived version)because everyone should know this.
The game's tech tree, a visual reference guide.

bormand
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [QoL][clipboard][BP] optionally include tiles when copying

Post by bormand »

You can hold shift while selecting area to copy. Although it shows blueprint UI, resulting blueprint would be available for Ctrl-V and would not clutter your inventory if you dismiss it by Q.

Edit: it also works for trains and station names.

Twisted_Code
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Twisted_Code »

Oh, didn't realize that. My bad!

(although to be fair, it's not exactly the most obvious thing. I'm just sorry I made a thread instead of finding out about this via the #quick-questions channel on discord)
How to report bugs effectively (archived version)because everyone should know this.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Twisted_Code wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:40 am
I'm just sorry I made a thread instead of finding out about this via the #quick-questions channel on discord)
I'm glad you came here, not everybody goes on discord, and a forum is far less volatile than a discord channel.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Twisted_Code wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:40 am
I'm just sorry I made a thread instead of finding out about this via the #quick-questions channel on discord)
In case you don't know, the forum has a similar thread: Simple Questions and Short Answers
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Twisted_Code
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Twisted_Code »

Pi-C wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:00 am
In case you don't know, the forum has a similar thread: Simple Questions and Short Answers
oh, good to know!

edit: sorry for the over-a-month bump. I usually check the discord WAY more often than I visit the forum... oh well!

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”