Deconstruction/Upgrade planner in blueprint book

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Olacken
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Deconstruction/Upgrade planner in blueprint book

Post by Olacken »

TL;DR
Add the ability to put deconstruction and upgrade planer in bluerpint book and the library.
Why ?
When I expand into bitters I'm using a set of blueprint that place rail and station for my artillary and I also have upgrade and deconstruction planer to move it forward in steps without removing the rails, power pool, signal, etc.
The probleme is that it's clutering my inventory so when I'm not expending and I need inventory space I need to destroy them and redo them each time I start expanding.
So if I was able to just put them in the book with my other expansion blueprint I could just have them with the rest of my expansion blueprint.

Sophisticaited
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Deconstruction/Upgrade planner in blueprint book

Post by Sophisticaited »

Hello. I registered on this forum just to second this suggestion.
I'm working on a modular blueprint book, and I often find myself configuring a deconstruction planner to remove everything except for large power poles, roboports, lamps and rails (as these are the generic parts to my modular base design). I would rather include this deconstruction planner in the blueprint book. I would also like to put upgrade planners in my blueprint book, so I can design for early/mid/late game and just have the upgrade planner improve the base without having to manually configure each time. Makes so much sense to allow these in the blueprint book.

Additionally, it would be nice too if you could add filters to a blueprint before using it (in the same way you do for the planners). I know you can filter after you have dragged the blueprint across the screen in the review window, but often you know in advance which entities you are trying to capture in the blueprint. As someone who only got into Factorio in the last year or so, I really do see all 3 tools as conceptually similar.

wat3rstone
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wat3rstone »

I also would like to support this idea for many of the same reasons mentioned above.

With the deconstruction/upgrade planner placed into one book, it will make sharing prints between devices much easier than copying multiple strings in.
Currently in my main game, I have about 10 frequently used deconstruction planners which take up, in my opinion, a considerable amount of inventory space; the ability to condense such items into one book will conserve space and allow me to expand further without returning for materials. I strongly would like this added into main game or a mod of some sort.
-wat3rstone

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I would go so far that

A) blueprints are not part of current player inventory. There is an own “part” in the inventory for them...

B) blueprints are always in a book. the above mentioned “part” is just the default book or something into that direction...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Omnifarious »

I would like to add my support for this idea as well, and an additional reason...

I find myself re-creating my deconstruction planner and upgrade planner library with every game. I like my upgrade planner to work a certain way, and I usually create a set of 3-4 upgrade planners to make that happen.

And I also usually have a few deconstruction planners I typically create. The most notable is that I often create a trees-only or rocks-only deconstruction planner, and they are very annoying to have to create more than once.

So I would like a persistent library of these. And a blueprint book is the logical place.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”