Option to prioritize certain requester chests

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Asanda_Nima
Inserter
Inserter

Option to prioritize certain requester chests

Post by Asanda_Nima »

Hi,

Bot-based bases are quite common and have their own charm and challenges, so I think this idea is not so far fetched.

My idea is about an option to flag certain requester chests as priority, they their request is always handled first.
Reason is, if you have a bot-based base it can happen very easily that your bots are to busy and miss the supply for your power for example.
But if you can flag the requester chest for it as priority, you can make sure that your power is always supplied first.

A variation of it could be multiple levels of priority, but that is probably asking for to much.

Best regards,

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Option to prioritize certain requester chests

Post by dog80 »

green > red
in prio if checked the checkbox in blue

Asanda_Nima
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Asanda_Nima »

dog80 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:38 am
green > red
in prio if checked the checkbox in blue
I don't understand your post.
Do you mean the checkbox in the requester chest? This only says, that this requester can request from buffer chest, it does not prioritize this request in general. It just adds the buffer chest as a possible location to look for.

My idea is about an absolut prioritization.
For example:
1100 items are requested in the network
1000 bots available

When the jobs are processed 100 requests have to wait for an available bot, but if this 100 happen to be your energy supply requests, you risk to shut down you base.
But if you could prioritize this 100 requests, they would always be at the beginning of the queue, and you would at least make sure your base is not running out of power.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I think this is implemented in that way, that you have buffer chests and requester chests and can tell the requester chests to request also from buffer chests. What you need to do actively is to put the items into buffer chests instead of requesters.

So moved to implemented.
When the jobs are processed 100 requests have to wait for an available bot, but if this 100 happen to be your energy supply requests, you risk to shut down you base.
But if you could prioritize this 100 requests, they would always be at the beginning of the queue, and you would at least make sure your base is not running out of power.
This touches is in my opinion the core of gameplay: why should I use belts if I have robots? This is not wanted; every transport has its pro and cons and by implementing this one it shifts the balance very strong to robots.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”