Filter in Main Inventory

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Airtheon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Filter in Main Inventory

Post by Airtheon »

Hi, I looked trough the forums and to my surprise this was not yet suggested.
So I came here because when I tried to use middle mouse button (to set a filter) in the main inventory, I got a message that stated:
"It's not yet possible to set filter in the main inventory now.If you think you would like this feature, let us know."

Here I am letting you know. :)
I hope this will get implemented because I like a sorted inventory but I really don't like how the autosort does it, I want to be able to choose where everything goes.

Factorio is awesome, have fun playing everyone
~Airtheon

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Filter in Main Inventory

Post by Schorty »

Yeah, I would like to see this too. I don't know how it's implemented, but having the ability to set filters and having the rest of the inventory auto sorted, would be cool!
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Just because it fits: I still suggest a "sorting key" for the inventory. :)
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

axium1998
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by axium1998 »

Just came across this myself, and think it would be an awesome addition to the game!
-Insanity is the act of trying again and again to try and change the result. Well then, we all belong in an asylum...

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Nova wrote:Just because it fits: I still suggest a "sorting key" for the inventory. :)
Right: Related https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ?f=76&t=88
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kevinski120
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Inventory filters.

Post by kevinski120 »

Merged -- ßilk

Just as you can set filters in the hotbars it would be really helpfull to do that in the main inventory. This way you don't get too many of 1 item. Don't know if this is posible but I thought I would just post it.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

I was just about to open a new thread with this suggestion when I discovered it had already been suggested several years beforehand.

So I guess I will just resurrect this thread instead of opening a new identical one. :)

The reason why I want to be able to set filters in the main inventory is that I want to reserve a certain amount of the inventory for certain items.

For example, I want to reserve the first 4 slotsfor iron, the next 3 for copper, the next 3 for steel and and the next 4 for iron gear wheels, the next 2 for green circuits, the next 1 for red circuits, the next 1 for blue circuits, or something like that.

This would be especially important when you have deactivated automatic sorting of your inventory.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

After 3 years, I guess this thread can now be moved to implemented (in 0.16.0). Thank you very much to the devs.

Thales7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thales7 »

Just littles suggestion of someone that don't know programming:
I suggest the craft menu turn a table (not just items in lines), for the mod creator can organize the items with more freedom.
I suggest show the items that target item is used to create together the required items to create it. (for example the advanced circuit should be show together the coal and petroleum gas in plastic window)

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”