Multiplayer Browse Games Filter

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Gunter.
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Multiplayer Browse Games Filter

Post by Gunter. »

Could another filter please be added to the Browse Games screen that filters empty servers?
The point of multiplayer is to play with others, and unless you are specifically looking for a server you were on earlier, or a scenario games like Redmew/Comfy/etc - showing all of these empty servers that sit sometimes for weeks with no progress is just a nuisance and I think detracts from overall repeat encounters with players. Typically when the games get past 10-20 hours, they are hardly joined by anyone.

Another item; ping:
I understand the ping needs to come from the local player to the host and cant be included in the server list, but perhaps also adding an opt-in settings option to enable pinging all servers when a refresh is performed and subsequently enabling a further field to filter by min/max ping? Some specific scenarios just don't play all that well (specifically biter or player combat and vehicles) when I am in the Western US and the server is in Germany as an example.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Multiplayer Browse Games Filter

Post by mmmPI »

I have the impression that many players sorts server by number of players, which leaves all the empty server at the bottom.

This from playing multiplayer and joining random server quite often and hosting my games sometimes, i felt like the average time someone joins when 1 player is connected is longer than when 2 players are connected, when 3 players are here, you have very high probability to have a 4th very fast and so on.

maybe it helps

Gunter.
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gunter. »

I would be okay if we could sort multiple categories simultaneously, but sorting by players just displays the playtimes and whether or not its a scenario in what might as well be a random order. With a Has Players filter option, we could them sort by # of players or playtime or name/scenario.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Ok. I added it for the next version of 0.17.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Gunter.
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gunter. »

Amazing devs as usual, thanks!

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jon8RFC »

Yep, thanks for adding this!