[Solved in 0.17.18] Make the shortcut drawer close with the Close Window key binding

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

caHarkness
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Solved in 0.17.18] Make the shortcut drawer close with the Close Window key binding

Post by caHarkness »

Edit: Just as I was writing this, the game had an update for me, and in the change log it mentioned the change I was hoping for. You guys are so fast that you add what I am looking for before I have a chance to speak up about it! Disregard the post below as it's now in 0.17.18.
TL;DR
A user should be able to close the expanded shortcut drawer with the key bound to "Close Window."
What ?
Assuming I have the ESC key bound to both "Close Window" and "Toggle Menu", I can dismiss an open inventory with ESC before pressing ESC opens the pause menu. By habit, I am finding myself pressing ESC to dismiss the new shortcut drawer (as seen in the photo attached) with that same key binding, but wishing it behaved the same way as open inventories and windows. Instead, the pause menu is shown.
shortcut_drawer.png
shortcut_drawer.png (58.64 KiB) Viewed 978 times
Why ?
It's intuitive that you can close inventories with the ESC key before it opens the pause menu, however, there's no such behavior when the shortcut drawer is open. It's a minor quality-of-life addition that isn't critical, but extremely intuitive and consistent with the rest of the UI's behavior.

Aside from that, thank you for such a great game. It is easily my favorite!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Solved in 0.17.18] Make the shortcut drawer close with the Close Window key binding

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to implemented. Sorry, not fast enough to move suggestions to implemented before they are actually posted :mrgreen:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”