Fast replacing ghosts should preserve the same properties as fast replacing the equivalent entity.

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Fast replacing ghosts should preserve the same properties as fast replacing the equivalent entity.

Post by Zavian »

This suggestion comes after reading a report in the Not-A-Bug section of the bug report sub-forums.

Quoting the complete bug report and Rseding's response to preserve the context.
jogaproger wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:26 pm
The bug can be reproduced eg. the following way:
- Make an assembling machine 2 with any recipe
- Copy and paste it to another place
- Place a tier 3 assembler in place of the ghost: now the recipe of the new assembling machine's recipe is not set

Other examples of this bug:
- Placing a steelchest on an iron chest blueprint ignores the inventory limit specified in the blueprint.
- Placing an iron chest on a requester chest ghost ignores the circuit connection of the chest if it has any in the blueprint
- Placing a red splitter on a yellow splitter ghost ignores the priority setting in the blueprint
Rseding91 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:30 pm
Thanks for the report however none of those are a bug: you're deleting the ghost and building a completely different entity in its place in every one of those cases.
From a player point of view, I consider that behaviour to be surprising enough to consider this to be a bug.

Yeah I realise this is probably a case of the code working as intended, but I think that if a player can fast replace a chest with another chest and keep the circuits/inventory limits, then they should be able to build a different chest over the ghost, and keep those same properties. The same thing goes for most other entities that are fast replaceable.

Posting this to suggestions so as not to argue about whether this is a bug in the bug report sub-forums.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”