Suggestion for improving fleeing initial crash site

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

unknown975
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Suggestion for improving fleeing initial crash site

Post by unknown975 »

I feel the part where you are told to pick up your equipment and move to the east could be improved. It's not terrible in it's current state, but it's not great either.

I found that I didn't really feel very much pressure to move my base quickly. It felt more like the next task on the list rather than like the threat it was portrayed as. It was anti-climatic.

What I think would work better separate the player and biters with some kind of destructible, (such as a wreckage part), as a barrier that prevents the biters from pathing to the player. When the time comes to move the base, have the biters to start attacking the barrier. However, to give the player enough time to move, I would give the barrier a ridiculous amount of HP so they aren't immediately overwhelmed (for 3 minutes against 30 biters would be ~22,000 HP if I did the math correctly :) ).

This would give the player a feeling of urgency and make it a more memorable moment, while still making it a relatively safe moment for the player.

abregado
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: Suggestion for improving fleeing initial crash site

Post by abregado »

Ive updated this section so that the player can stay "as long as they like", and eventually the biters come and attack slowly. The biters initially only attack miners and furnaces. Please try it out and give me your feedback on the new version.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”