Removing Ghost Entities with the Deconstruction Planner

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Double-D
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Removing Ghost Entities with the Deconstruction Planner

Post by Double-D »

TL;DR
There is no way to remove large groups of ghost entities while leaving built structures surrounding them intact; A checkbox in the configuration menu of the deconstruction planner like "only ghost entities" would be helpful.
What ?
Often when building a placed blueprint or refining a build I need to remove ghost entities that have been placed down but those are the only things I want to remove not the constructed buildings. Deleting larger areas becomes tedious because the current solution is to painstakingly draw squares avoiding built structures or right-clicking several ghosts. A checkbox in the configuration menu of the deconstruction planner, like the "trees/rocks only" filter, would be very helpful for refining and updating builds in progress.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Removing Ghost Entities with the Deconstruction Planner

Post by mrvn »

The deconstruction planner has filters and I think there is one for ghost entities.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

If you're fast enough you can also select (→remove ghosts) and immediately shift-select (→ cancel deconstruction).
ghost.jpg
ghost.jpg (34.16 KiB) Viewed 20414 times

okurt
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by okurt »

mrvn wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:54 pm
The deconstruction planner has filters and I think there is one for ghost entities.
I greatly appreciate your answer, thank you very much! This saved me from a headache :D

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”