Add more animation to the world?

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Add more animation to the world?

Post by Mendel »

One small drawback I have noticed with the higher resolution textures is that now that the world is sharper, it looks like it is also more static. Sometimes when Im standing still while not near buildings, I can't actually tell if the game is paused or not by just looking at the place I am in.

It would help a lot to have animated water shader, dust blowing on desert, moving grass and trees with wind and that sort of stuff. Make the place more lively! Not the highest of priority but would be nice somewhere near dlc time.

voddan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Add more animation to the world?

Post by voddan »

I would like to see more attention to surroundings too!

Turning on the clouds somewhat improves the experience, but not to the extend it could be.

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

Other than pollution, I was not aware there are clouds in the game. Did you mean pollution or am I just missing an option somewhere? Having shadows of actual clouds on the ground moving with the wind would indeed be a nice addition.

voddan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by voddan »

Mendel wrote:Other than pollution, I was not aware there are clouds in the game. Did you mean pollution or am I just missing an option somewhere? Having shadows of actual clouds on the ground moving with the wind would indeed be a nice addition.
There is a "show clouds" option in the graphics settings. They are independent on the pollution and follow the direction of the wind.

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

Huh. I had never even noticed that! But now that I know it is there, I went on to look for it and I didn't see it. Then I loaded another map and... I guess I sort of see it now if I really focus on the ground and squint a bit. But it is super subtle effect and I kind of stopped seeing it when I zoomed in and walked about, only to see it again when I really looked hard to see if anything is moving on the ground.

Okay. Well. That effect is there then. But no, it's not enough. :)

Thales7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thales7 »

I suggested in a invalid topic: "The static water is not much realistic, I imagine three or four textures alternating to create the illusion of waves. If its work, trees swinging whit wind, or dust forming swirls may not be so impossible.". It's a easy form to create animation.

YadanHubclan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by YadanHubclan »

I was looking for this thread.

The game does look bland now that the graphics are getting better. If there could be some peacefull critters hopping around, a few birds here and there, if trees could have some motions when the wind blows, the world would feel much more lively and I could even start to feel some remorse to build factories on such a nature (almost).

I think it was in Dark Colony (old ass RTS), with just sounds and some critters you really felt like you were an alien on a fully inhabited planet !

mrbane
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mrbane »

Unfortunately i have the same experience with the resolution and one cannot clarify the difference. The moving details will be the good addition but for now there is lack of animation clearly

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

Didn't one of thbe devs mention that they were looking at animating trees? I honestly don't recall if it was a dev speaking for themselves, or more a we want to do this as part of the graphics revamp.
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

voddan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by voddan »

I love the idea of dust clouds!
IMO it would be fantastic to have dust clouds in deserts and grass movement on planes and subtle tree sounds in forests.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”