Player Logistics - Respawn

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

PC1286
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Player Logistics - Respawn

Post by PC1286 »

I would suggest that a player's logistics should be disabled upon respawn. Late play usually involves lots of robots and a player constantly requests inventory. However upon death, we respawn in the middle of the base. Usually that's when all the logistic bots start filling up your inventory, but as a player you usually want to retrieve your body. It would nice to be able to disable or enable your logistical requests even when you aren't dead.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Player Logistics - Respawn

Post by Koub »

Other solution would be that your corpse's inventory counts as yours. As long as you have a corpse, you wouldn't overrequest to the logistic network.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

PC1286
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PC1286 »

That's a good idea however, there will be occasions when retrieving your old body might not be the best option or just simply don't want too. An example would be if your body is left in the middle of an enemy base and it'll be some time until you are ready to head in that direction again. You now have to wait for your old body to despawn preventing you to gain your new inventory, slowing down your expansion or having to adjust your inventory counts while waiting for the old body to despawn. A simple checkbox in the Logistics player interface would be nice.

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Pause player logistics after death

Post by LazyLoneLion »

TL;DR
Disable personal logistics requests for a minute or so after the player death.
Or maybe just clear logistic requests on death altogether! As a penalty.

What ?
After I die with a full inventory bots will refill it. Then I try to pick up the inventory from my corpse. No way it will fit.

Imagine if bots just gave me some time to get myself together...
Why ?
Reborn characters should be equal to the elders! :)
It's really annoying having your inventory doubled.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older topic with similar suggestion.
However I think that this suggestion would be even better, because useful in more situations.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

No matter what would be implemented: it would make a lot of sense to turn off logistic requests after death.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

BasterFac
Inserter
Inserter

Not resupply by drones after death

Post by BasterFac »

I am a bit annoyed by the fact, after being revived you get instant refilled by drones with things in your request list.

https://youtu.be/HL8yOVUzalg

since I am a guy who dont waste items I am going to loot my body anyways what means i have 2 times the stuff in my inventory and have to empty it again.

I would like to have an option on revive, to chose to get supplyed by drones or not.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older topic with same suggestion. Also viewtopic.php?p=472385#p472385

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

A mod could manage this as a control effect? on_player_died, record the player, corpse, and probably position. Store the player's logistic requests/trashes and clear them. When the player retrieves the corpse (mines the entity?), if it was a corpse, belonging to, is matching entity and/or position, set the logistic and trash slots. An option could be set as whether or not to do this, as one could lose a lot of manually configured logistics if they didn't retrieve their corpse. "owner" would be useful as to not cause griefing online: I could set 100,000 iron plates, trash everything else, die intentionally, and tell someone to retrieve my corpse.

There's another small edge case, but it'd be worth discussing on it's own page. If anyone's interested and the mod doesn't exist already, I could write it.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Honktown wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:39 pm
A mod could manage this as a control effect? on_player_died, record the player, corpse, and probably position. Store the player's logistic requests/trashes and clear them. When the player retrieves the corpse (mines the entity?), if it was a corpse, belonging to, is matching entity and/or position, set the logistic and trash slots. An option could be set as whether or not to do this, as one could lose a lot of manually configured logistics if they didn't retrieve their corpse. "owner" would be useful as to not cause griefing online: I could set 100,000 iron plates, trash everything else, die intentionally, and tell someone to retrieve my corpse.

There's another small edge case, but it'd be worth discussing on it's own page. If anyone's interested and the mod doesn't exist already, I could write it.
Would that be feasible to do as a softmod? If so, I think I have a suggestion for Redmew & co...
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

Honktown wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:39 pm
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SupplyToggle

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/AutoTrash

Are two that does this, being able to toggle off logistic requests is such a sorely needed feature in vanilla.
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

Ghoulish wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:23 pm
The biggest annoyance for me with bots is that in-transit jobs don't get cancelled/adjusted... if someone can turn off logistic requests while their character is dead, that's the best case.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Is implemented with new inventory coming soon...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”