Upgradable Belts

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

plyspomitox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Upgradable Belts

Post by plyspomitox »

I'm wondering whether there will be a possibility to upgrade the splitter and the underground belts to fast or express.
Otherwise they are just trash once you replace all your belts with express belts.

So for example the normal underground belts could be upgraded to fast/express underground belts with some gears.
And for the splitter there is no fast part at the moment, which I think, should be implemented, because it really slows down the incoming resources.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Upgradable Belts

Post by kovarex »

Underground belts have fast and express variant.

Yes, splitter could have these as well.

plyspomitox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by plyspomitox »

I also would like the old ones (Normal Underground Belt, Normal Splitter) to be part of a crafting-recipe for the faster Versions (Fast Underground Belt, Express Underground Belt, and if they will be built in Fast Splitter, Express Splitter)
So that one can recycle the yellow tunnel belts after one has replaced them with the faster models.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

kovarex wrote:Underground belts have fast and express variant.
He probably wanted to say, "there is no way how to turn a regular underground belt into a fast one"
Therefore when upgrading a system to faster belts I have to make new underground belts and I will have leftover slow underground belts.

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

MF- wrote:
kovarex wrote:Underground belts have fast and express variant.
He probably wanted to say, "there is no way how to turn a regular underground belt into a fast one"
Therefore when upgrading a system to faster belts I have to make new underground belts and I will have leftover slow underground belts.
it seems possible to change the recipie so that each underground belt upgrade requires the previous one plus one or two of the new belt versions... e.g to go from basic to fast it'd take a basic underground belt + 2 or 3 fast belts, and so on for the express belt this would give a more logical system for progression

Mysteria9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mysteria9 »

Dakkanor wrote:it seems possible to change the recipie so that each underground belt upgrade requires the previous one plus one or two of the new belt versions... e.g to go from basic to fast it'd take a basic underground belt + 2 or 3 fast belts, and so on for the express belt this would give a more logical system for progression
That makes sense. A lot of sense actually, since that's how regular belts work.

Cordylus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cordylus »

Implemented in 0.9.0

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”