Performance Profiling

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Criperum
Inserter
Inserter

Performance Profiling

Post by Criperum »

TL;DR
I way to determine performance bottlenecks for big modded maps.
What ?
Experienced people know that some game mechanics are less UPS/FPS friendly than others. Like replacing nuclear reactors with solars will reduce CPU load due to deletion of fluids calculations for water and steam. The same with drones against belts(as far as i know).

I'm suggesting to add some debug info allowing people to understand what exactly slowing the game itself right now.
Why ?
Playing on heavily modded servers they all come to the same point when game is going slower and slower even if it's seemingly nothing is built on the map(just several millions resources are being proceeded in a minute).

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Performance Profiling

Post by Klonan »

Criperum wrote:
TL;DR
I way to determine performance bottlenecks for big modded maps.
What ?
Experienced people know that some game mechanics are less UPS/FPS friendly than others. Like replacing nuclear reactors with solars will reduce CPU load due to deletion of fluids calculations for water and steam. The same with drones against belts(as far as i know).

I'm suggesting to add some debug info allowing people to understand what exactly slowing the game itself right now.
Why ?
Playing on heavily modded servers they all come to the same point when game is going slower and slower even if it's seemingly nothing is built on the map(just several millions resources are being proceeded in a minute).
There is already a debug option to see what parts of the game and which mods are using all the time:

Criperum
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Criperum »

Ok. My bad.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Wasn't there also a way to list explicitly how much time each entity type uses?

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”