Quick Moving of Buildings with Blueprints

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

MalContentFL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Quick Moving of Buildings with Blueprints

Post by MalContentFL »

Whenever your factory is being "renovated" some things would be really hard to remake, and making a schematic, removing the structure, then rebuilding is sometimes tedious. I thing there should be the option in the Blueprint GUI that would let you Quick Move, which tells Construction Robots to take apart the blueprinted structure, then replaces it where you place the blueprint.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Quick Moving of Buildings with Blueprints

Post by ssilk »

You mean something like CTRL-X, CTRL-V?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Bleda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bleda »

a moving job item would be nice. just select an area, like for making a blueprint, and then select where you want it to be moved to. there could be a distance limit. so if you design a big factory and suddenly you notice you need more space at one point, you can easily move the whole thing.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Totally +1 on that one.
Even if you're just building something and happen to notice that ... Doh I'm just one square short to place my belt >.< go deconstruct/reconstruct everything one block further.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

MalContentFL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MalContentFL »

ssilk wrote:You mean something like CTRL-X, CTRL-V?
Exactly like Cut and Paste, with blueprints and robots.
Bleda wrote:a moving job item would be nice. just select an area, like for making a blueprint, and then select where you want it to be moved to. there could be a distance limit. so if you design a big factory and suddenly you notice you need more space at one point, you can easily move the whole thing.
And I'm fine if the whole factory moves. That would take a very long time and render it useless for a while until it is moved. Its on you if you move the whole thing.

Robbedem
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Robbedem »

Good idea, I have had to move my train station a few times already and this would make that easier.
Now you'ld have to deconstruct and wait till (almost) everything is removed before you can reconstruct (if the plans have overlap).

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I played a bit Prison Architect (me played another game!!111elf) and I like the way how they copy: Just a very limited area, only copy and paste. Well they have a nice system of cleaning up items - I mention this, cause it belongs together.
It works so: Click on the copy tool. Then you can draw a (very limited, I think only 8x8 or so) rectangle with the right mouse to copy an area. With the left mouse you can paste it.

I think this very simple type of "blueprint" are in some cases quite useful. I can think of a way to get this type of blueprint instead of the current one and it costs less. And then we can research further and have the current system, where you - later - can also load and save blueprints and plans.

Edit: i forgot to mention it: in Prison architect this is called "cloning".

Sharidan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sharidan »

+1 vote for Move Planner aswell!

I've had to move around quite a few things in my factory lately. Generating Blueprints and using Deconstruction Planners works but I end up with tons of near useless blueprints afterwards.

The Move Planner should of course be fairly limited in regards to size. Another limitation I'd impose is that the Move Planner blueprint can not be placed until every last bit of structure has been disassembled by the Construction Bots. You would have to pay attention to where you are moving your factory parts.

Both the Blueprint and the Deconstruction Planner each take up one Advanced Circuit. Make the component price for the Mover Planner something like 5x Processing Unit. Maybe also make the Move Planner 5-use only like the price tag for crafting it.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Sharidan wrote:I've had to move around quite a few things in my factory lately. Generating Blueprints and using Deconstruction Planners works but I end up with tons of near useless blueprints afterwards.
You know, you can reuse a blueprint with ALT-Right mouse?

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

ssilk wrote:
Sharidan wrote:I've had to move around quite a few things in my factory lately. Generating Blueprints and using Deconstruction Planners works but I end up with tons of near useless blueprints afterwards.
You know, you can reuse a blueprint with ALT-Right mouse?
yes but it use 1 "Electronic Circuits " to do that(0.10.3)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

So what?

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”