In Research screen, show the tech needed for the science pac

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

In Research screen, show the tech needed for the science pac

Post by Boogieman14 »

With the newly added science packs, I think it could be beneficial if the science pack icons listed after "Cost" could be clicked on to take you to the tech that unlocks it (or at least include the name of the unlocking tech in the mouseover)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

nemostein
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: In Research screen, show the tech needed for the science pac

Post by nemostein »

That would be awesome!!
"I'd say the main bottleneck is sleep." - AndrewIRL

mattj256
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mattj256 »

If a tech unlocks a science beaker, that tech should be highlighted in some way.

AileTheAlien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AileTheAlien »

You can use the search box to search for "science", which then let's you click on the tech that makes those packs. It's not great, but it works! :)

garath
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by garath »

Boogieman14 wrote:With the newly added science packs, I think it could be beneficial if the science pack icons listed after "Cost" could be clicked on to take you to the tech that unlocks it (or at least include the name of the unlocking tech in the mouseover)
This would be awesome. Thanks for the great suggestion! I started to make a thread but knew ssilk would want me to search first. :)

I can't tell you how much time I wasted reading over EVERY SINGLE TECH trying to find how to get the new science packs. I'm exhausted. I'm gonna go take a nap--and see if I dream of the new tech requirements for Logistics Network. :)
AileTheAlien wrote:You can use the search box to search for "science", which then let's you click on the tech that makes those packs. It's not great, but it works! :)
Thanks for the great tip! Where were you 20 hours ago when I started looking at the tech tree! :-)

Pothrekr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pothrekr »

I came here with the intention of making the exact same post, so 100% agree.

Xeorm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeorm »

That or possibly make them buildable as soon as you unlock the ability to make the last one. Especially if you change how it starts, so as an example: you start with red tech. Automation unlocks green tech. You need automation 2 to make those, so blue science goes there. Advanced electronics (red circuit tech) has the purple. Military tech on mil 1.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”