Modular armor battery status when hovering

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Modular armor battery status when hovering

Post by Jon8RFC »

Everything seems to have statistics when hovering over it. I've wanted this since the battery icon was shrunk (sometime in 0.14, I think), and it appears to have shrunk slightly again. With the mk2 batteries, it's hard to know if you're at net gain or loss at any given time, without sitting and watching it, waiting for that single pixel to be added or removed.

What would be awesome and helpful are a few things:
  • Hover over the battery, and see something indicative of the charge/discharge rate (total capacity, the present charge level, and the present charging/discharging rate)
  • Whatever fun stats you think are appropriate, like total times discharged to 0, total joules used (I see that factories show total products now), and something cool you guys come up with
  • A simple red/yellow/green indicator background, or color of the battery charge level itself to indicate power usage (red=net charge loss/using more power than available, yellow=equivocal, green=net charge gain/surplus power)
The indicator would be especially helpful for things like running around the base with lots of exoskeletons, fighting aliens, or using lots of roboports. Just a glance at the battery icon and you can see that you're using more than your fusion/solar power can provide, and that you're draining your batteries. Obviously, if it's going down you know you're draining it, but with the smaller icon and with mk2 batteries, a single pixel takes a while to show up, so if you're running around doing things, you don't easily know if you're charging or discharging after a battle took place.

Maybe the yellow color is useless, but I'd rather know actual than averaged information, so I think yellow for "close enough to equivocal" may not be appropriate. Then again, you guys seem to do pretty well with designing the game, so maybe a very short average for yellow/equivocal, however you'd do it, would be helpful to know if I'd be hovering in mid-charge at my current fluctuating power usage with bots and running around.

I'm really enjoying 0.15 so far.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Modular armor battery status when hovering

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=19987 More Game Information (Statistics, Monitoring, Graphs)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jon8RFC »

Added in 0.18.x

I forgot to say thanks a while back--thank you for adding this!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to implemented then.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”