Tributes and Mandates

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Tyvin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Tributes and Mandates

Post by Tyvin »

This is my 1st post, I have to say I've been too engrossed in the alpha to spend much time here, hehe. Very well done game so far!

And now for my suggestion:
I'm a big fan of making dynamic / psuedo random events on players requiring players to adjust strategies to compensate.

I had a thought that instead of just weathering an ever increasing stream of creeps, that perhaps you could pay tributes to the natives, instead.
Have the natives demand resources and components, knowing that in incomplete delivery will result in an assault.

I can see a building placed on the map where resources must be delivered in "x days".
Players will have to modify their resource chains and production to meet the demands, but still maintain some defenses for the inevitable missed tribute.

This could be extended into multiplayer as well, with opposing players or teams having to get resources to a central repository. The side the delivers less of the demanded component would be assaulted by a force proportional to the difference in the delivery between the two sides. This would give not just speed goal, but volume, too, with each side trying to overwhelm the other.

Staxxy
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Tributes and Mandates

Post by Staxxy »

I'd be damned if they didn't implement that game mode you suggested in the last paragraph.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Tributes and Mandates

Post by kovarex »

Tyvin wrote: I can see a building placed on the map where resources must be delivered in "x days".
Players will have to modify their resource chains and production to meet the demands, but still maintain some defenses for the inevitable missed tribute.
This is going to be one of the challenge missions :)

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”