Removing items from blueprints entirely

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Removing items from blueprints entirely

Post by PeteTheLich »

I didnt see anything about this via a search so someone pointed out that the More Floors mod i work on when you include tiles it picks up ALL the tiles

now i know you can right click to "paint" over the items you want to exclude but when youre talking potentially hundreds of ground tiles...
it would be nice to be able to just right click the items in the bottom left to completely remove that type of item from the blue print instead of manually ugh removing the tiles 1 by 1

if you want some tiles but not all

It's essentially impossible to create

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Removing items from blueprints entirely

Post by ssilk »

Hm. This is near to a bug, cause it makes the handling unusable. But I never used that, so I can say very less above this. What do others think?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

Well, it's a nifty feature. The more ways of tweaking you've got, the better it is. I'd say also add ability to add and setup any item to the blueprint. :D
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PeteTheLich »

ssilk wrote:Hm. This is near to a bug, cause it makes the handling unusable. But I never used that, so I can say very less above this. What do others think?
Well this problem is specific to the way I coded the mod. I had to go back and create 2 separate but identical tiles one with ground tiles being blue printable and the other not because it would pick up the tiles I added crafting for not just player placed ones.

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

I've wanted the same feature for just regular items, not tiles, e.g. to not include lamps or other irrelevant items in blueprints. Deselecting dozens of items out of a blueprint with hundreds of items in it can be tedious, and it's quite often an entire item type that I want to remove.

Lezreth
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lezreth »

torne wrote:I've wanted the same feature for just regular items, not tiles, e.g. to not include lamps or other irrelevant items in blueprints. Deselecting dozens of items out of a blueprint with hundreds of items in it can be tedious, and it's quite often an entire item type that I want to remove.
I could not begin to count the number of times where this would have been very useful, especially for tweaking train stations. One such example being taking a large blueprint of a train station or multiple stations to use elsewhere and having to tweak the placement of the non-rail elements by one tile. Since this is not possible with the rails in place, I have had to manually delete the rails. Not only is this incredibly tedious, but due to rail overlap at junctions it takes more than one pass to get all of them (delete most, save and reopen to delete the rest).

sore68
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

blueprint correction

Post by sore68 »

merged with existing suggestion, and thanks for the gif --daniel34

Click on the element to decide whether to install it.
new.gif
new.gif (403.3 KiB) Viewed 4189 times
I want to remove unnecessary elements easy and faster.

PeteTheLich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PeteTheLich »

This made it into the glorious .15 update! Woo

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”