Improved for laser turrets: personal battery

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

H_Sage
Inserter
Inserter

Improved for laser turrets: personal battery

Post by H_Sage »

Improved for laser turrets: personal battery.
It allows laser turrets store energy. Placed inside or annexe.

For example, two lines of attack. Laser turrets on the first line discharged general accumulators. Begins the attack on the second line. Laser turrets do not have enough energy, because the accumulators are discharged. The defensive line is broken through. First attack fights back with maximum efficiency. Second with minimum. This proposal would avoid such a situation. It allows the energy balance.

google translate

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Improved for laser turrets: personal battery

Post by mrvn »

separate the electric networks and power the first line of turrets only from the accumulators for that line. They will then not draw power from the other accumulators.

inteljoe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by inteljoe »

I like this idea. Personal batteries for laser turrets.

Something I do is put in a line of energy turrets mixed with gun turrets. Usually in a line with 3 gun turrets and 1 laser separated apart by 2 spaces. At least at outposts. That way the laser turrets have more than enough range to catch the spitters and the gun turrets actually do a pretty good job of killing everything else. Hordes can be an issue from time to time but you can double up the turrets at a later time. The ammo production is usually never an issue after setting up initially. Turrets only take 10 ammo at a time. So if you have 10 turrets you only need to make a 100 ammo plus whatever you want for reserve, which usually sits on the belt. And the logistics aren't that hard either once you have a couple of good blueprints designed for your needs.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

As mrvn already said: This can be already built: Use the power switch to switch of power for the second line and find out this situation with combinator logic.

Moved to implemented.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

ssilk wrote:As mrvn already said: This can be already built: Use the power switch to switch of power for the second line and find out this situation with combinator logic.

Moved to implemented.
Doesn't even need a power switch. I actually think that's the wrong way to go.

Do it like this:

P - Power pole
A - Accumulator
L - Laser turret

A P---- Power-grid -----P A P---L

The power grid charges all the accumulators. The Laser turret runs off the right accumulator. It will not drain the left accumulator.
Note: The right accumulator also limits the amount of power flowing through to, I think, 300KW. So add enough accumulators to get the desired throughput and power reserve for the laser turrets. You don't want to end up with extra power in the main base and the lasers not drawing it.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”