Pavement

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

crom
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Pavement

Post by crom »

Adding some pavement crafting options could be easy and make game more fun.

Primary / minimal pavement addition could be just textured tiles, no functionality, can be destroyed and can be walked on. There could be some different colors / textures. Maybe wood, cobblestone, stone slabs, metal slabs, maybe some colored ones, etc. ... Just to make roads and/or mark areas at minimum.

Example ideas that player could do if there would be pavement added : Marking different factory areas with different colors, making parking and landing areas, planning buildings / placeholders, more options for bored engineer to make art!, ... :D

Secondary pavement addition (maybe later version of game) could be adding somekind hp bonus for turrets etc. that have been build over stone/metal pavement. Maybe moving speed bonus etc. (for robots, car and/or player) when moving over pavement.

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Pavement

Post by MatLaPatate »

I agree with that suggestion, it would be nicer than current stone :)

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

I like this idea, also, walls , they are implemented, but not craftable :s

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

any foundation stone make real buildings more stable and durable, so why not give a health bonus to buildings make on concrete?

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

I think the idea of an hp boost for buildings on concrete ground is pretty good. Maybe it is hard to implement, but the higher walking speed is also a good idea - not really necessery i think, but nice. ;)
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

YasP
Inserter
Inserter

Post by YasP »

I was thinking more of a road usable for automated fork lifts. Jumping directly to flying saucers is a bit of a stretch for me. They could come later in the game to upgrade the fork lift system?

Cordylus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cordylus »

I like the new subforums :)

I think it should be moved to "Ready for implementation", since devs said in FF the "roadworks-like" features.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

suggestionsummary

Post by ssilk »

suggestionsummary not ready yet (anyone is invited to write it!), reason see Cordylus' post.
We (the forum members) should not move it there, that is dev-job. But we can move it to forum-ready.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Cordylus wrote:I like the new subforums :)

I think it should be moved to "Ready for implementation", since devs said in FF the "roadworks-like" features.
Where did they say that? Do you have a link, please?

Cordylus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cordylus »

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

"We might relate some other mechanics to it, but we need to discuss it more, maybe you can give us your ideas in the comments."

Well... I can think of one. It should become pretty much a requirement to pave at least some of your factory grounds because there might be ugly things coming from below attracted by some of the ground pollution assemblers and other machinery do. :lol:

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”