Forcefields

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DragonPox90210
Inserter
Inserter

Forcefields

Post by DragonPox90210 »

Seeing as how there are so many creepers that attack at once maybe add a forcefield? It could have a health of 100 and its purpose would be to let the player prepare for the attack (most attacks are untelegraphed- maybe have the radar warn of "approaching entities"?) after creepers get through it it would require time and energy to recharge. There could also be a research tree that deals damage to enemies that attack it? Love the work you guys are doing! :)

Kadaban
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Forcefields

Post by Kadaban »

I'm not completely sure, but kovarex mentioned that "Walls" are already planned but not yet in the game.
Oh and there is already a mod that show you the time remaining until the next wave of attackers comes running. I think it's linked in the modding subsection.

15Cyndaquil
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by 15Cyndaquil »

actually walls are already coded into the game just they have no sprite so they are not implemented in it yet
The more complicated the game the better

Amanite
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Amanite »

How about forcefields continuously draining power? Also, if they're dealt damage, they'll drain more power, until the plant cannot power it, then it shuts down.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Amanite wrote:How about forcefields continuously draining power? Also, if they're dealt damage, they'll drain more power, until the plant cannot power it, then it shuts down.
So it would keep all the creepers piling up outside and launch them all at once when there is no power?
I am ... not sure if I want that.

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Narc »

MF- wrote:
Amanite wrote:How about forcefields continuously draining power? Also, if they're dealt damage, they'll drain more power, until the plant cannot power it, then it shuts down.
So it would keep all the creepers piling up outside and launch them all at once when there is no power?
I am ... not sure if I want that.
I think it sounds good, but only if it's possible to shoot out from the forcefield. Although, even if it blocks projectiles both ways it would still provide a way to encourage creepers to enter firing lanes.

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

Narc wrote:...firing lanes.
good idea, creepers onlt attack normal buildings when they don't hanve any other easy path, so would be possible to block off the bulk of your base with solid light walls and have maybe 4 openings whichc are completely packed with laser defence!!!

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Dakkanor wrote: good idea, creepers only attack normal buildings when they don't have any other easy path, so would be possible to block off the bulk of your base with solid light walls and have maybe 4 openings which are completely packed with laser defence!!!
Or when their patchfinding was done before the particular building was built.
Which is sometimes plays an important role when I'm building stuff further from my base.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

I prefer simple walls.
Maybe auto-reparable forcefield like walls

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Actually, bringing creepers into a shooting line is rather easy even without walls or force fields.

Build conveyor belts for them ! They would return the favour :)

That explains why the pathfinding could take that long (so the fps is so drastically affected even with a help from an "optimization" :D)

Staxxy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Staxxy »

I do believe forcefields will become relevant when the AI of the aliens is done. Because it seems there is no AI at all and just a basic pathfinding system.
Once they will be less dumb, the aliens would try to go around the forcefields or flee, making them more useful.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”