Fighting without fighting...

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

( Tchey )
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Fighting without fighting...

Post by ( Tchey ) »

It's nice the character can fire his gun, even if the gameplay is still very boring. It's also nice to have some defense points.

What about these :

Electric fence, aliens get hurt and knockback when they attack the fence. The fence is lightly broken in the process.

Laser fence, alien get badly hurt and flee away. The fence can take maybe 5 hits before beeing broken, but is very effective.

Charged fence, alien can't pass and donn't get hurt, and the fence use some charges when attacked. When the charge is off, the aliens can pass. Once discharged, the fence need time to restart. Better charger for longer protection.

Pits : alien get caught in a pit. On tile = one alien. You can set some nasty gun or things to kill the alien inside, or kill it yourself, to free the pit. Aliens can walk on a full pit.

Cage : you can trap an alien in a cage, and use the alien in a special laboratory for study. You can discover some passive boost for the main character : more hitpoints, run faster, better armor, maybe even mutations (night vision, fly...). One alien is not enough, but if you can trap a lot of them, or maybe trap the Big One...

Alarm sensor : connect this to a trap to activate it only when needed, and save energy when it's peacefull. Better alarm sensor can sense aliens from further.

Sorry for my english, i hope it's good enough.

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Fighting without fighting...

Post by MatLaPatate »

( Tchey ) wrote:It's nice the character can fire his gun, even if the gameplay is still very boring. It's also nice to have some defense points.

Electric fence, aliens get hurt and knockback when they attack the fence. The fence is lightly broken in the process.

Laser fence, alien get badly hurt and flee away. The fence can take maybe 5 hits before beeing broken, but is very effective.

Charged fence, alien can't pass and donn't get hurt, and the fence use some charges when attacked. When the charge is off, the aliens can pass. Once discharged, the fence need time to restart. Better charger for longer protection.

Cage : you can trap an alien in a cage, and use the alien in a special laboratory for study. You can discover some passive boost for the main character : more hitpoints, run faster, better armor, maybe even mutations (night vision, fly...). One alien is not enough, but if you can trap a lot of them, or maybe trap the Big One...
Some of the rest sounds cool, but ... for these one:
Instead of fence, I think we would need Tesla Coil :).
And for what you've suggested with cage, the Idea can be interesting, but the RPG thingy is already planned, but not for now. Multiplayer will come at first, according to the indiegogo description :)

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

MatLaPatate wrote:Multiplayer will come at first, according to the indiegogo description
We see probably the biggest potential of Multiplayer in a cooperative mode. However this should increase the fun in fighting as well. Cooperative ambush of the enemy base with three people anyone ?

Mur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mur »

I play tower defence with them in Campaign 1 where they run after my labs, I make a thing out of pipe that they need to run around before they get to my lab.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Looking into old stuff... reanimating zombi:

Electric fence, Laser fence, Charged fence: possible, some mods implement it

Pits : Land mines are going into that direction...

Cage : too unclear, should be a own suggestion, DyTech uses already the dead bodies.

Alarm sensor : promised for 0.12

So this can be moved to done.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”