New Feature: allow an exact limit on logistics requests

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

New Feature: allow an exact limit on logistics requests

Post by factoriouzr »

Put a checkbox below all logistics boxes and also a button to toggle the checkbox for all logistics slots on and off. When the option is on, the logistics slot will act like an exact limiter bringing the player up to the exact amount of the requested item, and automatically taking any items over this amount away.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: New Feature: allow an exact limit on logistics requests

Post by ssilk »

Hm. I'm not 100% sure but I think we had that already discussed.

Can you explain why/when do you need this?

Edit: re-read it and I like the idea of removing items, that are too much. The same feature is also often requested for the character. (There's the autothrash mod that implements it)
In Factorio-terms a switch won't be introduced (it implements too much new complexity), instead a new entity (a new type of chest) needs to be implemented. I'm not so sure if a fifth chest s a good idea... On the other hand another type of chest is also suggested often: one that is requester and provider in one and has a higher priority for requester chests and only requests from storage/active provider chests. It can be used for distribution service.

Such a chest could be useful to have also this "exactly" behavior (without switch).

Nevertheless I still ask for the usage case of this exact feature. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

I am requesting this feature for the player logistics slots. Sorry if that was unclear. I don't so much care about this feature on chests though that might be useful as well.

This is an issue in general gameplay. You replace belts in your factory, redo it, collect walls and turrets and end up with a lot of junk. This would be an easy way to automatically trash stuff.

This becomes even worse with the personal roboport because it takes priority and anything you disassemble goes into your inventory (there should be a check box or option in option at least to disable the personal roboport from taking priority but the devs don't seem to want to implement this feature which was requested many times).

This is also compounded more with mods like bob's where there are tons of alien artifacts on the ground and it's easy to pick up a ton while expanding (especially on hard mode). In fact one can easily accumulate so many of them that the standard 2 rows of trash slots aren't enough and you have to wait until some is taken away before adding more, and this happens very frequently.

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

Your point about adding another chest is also a good idea. I find it annoying that when you use robots to rearrange your factory, anything in passive providers goes to storage and then it's almost never used and left there permanently as long as you factory is producing enough. Just wastes storage chest space.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

factoriouzr wrote:This is an issue in general gameplay. You replace belts in your factory, redo it, collect walls and turrets and end up with a lot of junk. This would be an easy way to automatically trash stuff.
Ah. That was not clear.
I really recommend to use the AutoTrash mod https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 97&t=16016
I think something like that must come into into vanilla, cause it is so essentially needed, when playing with personal roboport.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

Thanks for the mod recommendation ssilk. I will definitely give that a go. The downside is that I have to set up some of my requesters twice If i want to keep a balance.

How does it work if i request 50 belts and set that trash mod to 50 as well? Will the robots bring or take a bit extra (based on their carry capacity) and keep fighting with each other or does it go to the exact number?

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

I just read the mod description, it looks like the author already respects the requester limits, sweet!!

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”