Alabative armour

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Alabative armour

Post by Dakkanor »

simple idea, armor upgrades for the power armor, armor modules that constantly use power in exchange for increasing damage protection(either protection % or increasing resistance by 1 ect)

also on the same note, and extended storage unit which gives the character more storage slots
and a crafting upgrade unit which could boost crafting speed or allow you to use an upgrade module on your suit.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Alabative armour

Post by n9103 »

I honestly have no idea what kind of technology you're referring to, but it's not Ablative or Reactive, as both use very different mechanisms.
Also an important note, both are sacrificial in nature, essentially destroying themselves far faster than conventional armor (in return, reducing damage from specific types of damage much better.)

If I were to guess, it sounds like you're proposing some type of force field generating armor, though no such technology exists in-game.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

n9103 wrote:If I were to guess, it sounds like you're proposing some type of force field generating armor, though no such technology exists in-game.
I believe this guess is accurate, however I disagree with the last part of this sentence. What, may I ask, do you consider the energy-shield in version 0.7 if not a force field?

as for:
Dakkanor wrote:armor modules that constantly use power in exchange for increasing damage protection(either protection % or increasing resistance by 1 ect)
I think it would be best that if it increased, say, physical damage protection by 5 or 10%, that they would also decrease all other protections by a smaller amount, thus it's more like optimizing your existing shields for what you expect to take rather than being able to have multiple modules that, essentially, boost the power output of your shield (to do that there should be mk3, mk4, etc. shields, in my opinion).
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Yea, my bad, haven't gotten into .7 much as far as individual combat goes, since the campaign was basically made to be impossible.
I usually use that as my measuring stick as to whether I should put additional time into the released version.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

[ick] This was implemented through the energy shield. For the "inventory size equipment" see for example 1504.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”