Tool belt/hot bar tweeks

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DaemosDaen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Tool belt/hot bar tweeks

Post by DaemosDaen »

While playing I am finding that I want to have some items on hand (the various types of power transport, belt and inserters) I create filters for them in the tool belt but find that fiddly to use.

Suggestion 1.) Filtered slots pull items from your inventory and other tool belt slots, and keeps the stacks on your tool belt as full as possible.

Suggestion 2.) When you click on a filtered slot, instead of giving a warning about putting other items into filtered slots, the game just drops the item (as if you pressed 'q') and picks up the item from the filtered slot.

Suggestion 3.) When crafting items, they drop into filtered slots, then tool belt slots that already has the items being created, THEN into your inventory

This is just what I've taken in while playing the game

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Tool belt/hot bar tweeks

Post by Takezu »

Oh yes please, at most point 2. Switching from mioner to belt oder belt to Splitter/underground while filtert on a toolbar is a hazzel.
But all 3 points ar good points that where nice to have

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

I like all 3 suggestions as well. Factorio already has a good UI (inventory management in "Space Engineers" is sick, as in pathological), but there's room for improvement. Especially in a game that's supposed to be all about automation, all about laziness, all about not doing more work than necessary.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I had already suggested the 1 some time ago, but got almost no support on my suggestion :(.
I still hope enough people will ask for that feature to see it added :).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”