Loading items into entities on the run...

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Loading items into entities on the run...

Post by apriori »

...like conveyor line building: take a stack of ammo clips (or ore) into hand and run along a row of turrets (or furnaces) with Ctrl+LMB pressed - and items will be inserted into. Or Ctrl+RMB to insert a half of items held in the hand.

Useful for early game, and for setting up outposts.
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Loading items into entities on the run...

Post by daniel34 »

Have you tried this in the game? It already works exactly how you described it. Or am I missing something here?
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

No, it doesn't. Now you have to click on each entity. But I suggest not clicking but keeping the button pressed.
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

I see, it was there in your original post. Sorry for not reading more diligently. That could actually be a very useful feature, I'm surprised that it wasn't suggested before (as far as I know).

One question: Imagine you run down a row of turrets with CTRL+RMB held to fill to 50 and you pass turret 1-4 but (with RMB still held) go back to 3, should it be filled again (to 100) or ignored the second time?

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

daniel34 wrote:I see, it was there in your original post. Sorry for not reading more diligently. That could actually be a very useful feature, I'm surprised that it wasn't suggested before (as far as I know).

One question: Imagine you run down a row of turrets with CTRL+RMB held to fill to 50 and you pass turret 1-4 but (with RMB still held) go back to 3, should it be filled again (to 100) or ignored the second time?
Well, you run twice - you put twice. As now, when you click Ctrl+RMB twice - you put twice. But if you put once and then keep holding the pointer with pressed Ctrl+RMB over the entity - nothing should happen, I apologise. Until the pointer will leave an entity.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Implemented in 0.15.0.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”