Way to hide recipies from main inventory

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Way to hide recipies from main inventory

Post by y.petremann »

Somes mods adds many machines that craft things diferently from in hand crafting, somes of them add a lot of recipies, somes modders make a category and say "don't bother of this category".

The size of the player inventory is dependent to the size of the elements and here the maximum number of line of a crafting category, and I am making a mod that adds dynamicaly 582 recipies (I could reduce that number to 435 but not lower) that are treated like furnace recipies and that user don't need to bother how they are make, because this is basically atomic fusion. (going to chemical element over 118 (or 92 for reduced version) are not possible), it would make a total of 59 lines (or 44), and so the player interface would make a 1888 pixel high scrollbar (1408 for reduced version).

What I am asking is the possibility to hide all recipies for a item-group, item-subgroup or a recipe-category when in player inventory with an option like that :

Code: Select all

data:extend(
	{
		type = "recipe-category",
		name = "factochem-fusion",
		hide = true
	},
	{
		type = "item-group",
		name = "factochem",
		order = "x-z",
		inventory_order = "z",
		icon = "__factochem__/graphics/technology/factochem.png",
		hide = true
	},
	{
		type = "item-subgroup",
		name = "factochem-fusion",
		group = "factochem",
		order = "z",
		hide = true
	}
})

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Way to hide recipies from main inventory

Post by L0771 »

if you want hide a lot of recipes, maybe is easier make diferents categories and don't show this on player craft list
L0771 wrote:if the category have only 1 item with a crafteable recipe, all this category will show in the player craft menu.
In your category need to have all recipes who can't be crafted in hand.
Happen the same if you have 3 recipes in a category, hidden for player list.
If you have 1 recipe with category_1 and 2 with category_2, this 2 categories crafted in 3 differents machines (one for recipe)
The machine with crafting_category = category_1 show only 1 recipe; but 2 machines with crafting_category = category_2 shows 2 recipes (but only can craft 1 for machine)

Sorry for my english :|

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

Okay, so I've tested a basic modification of a mod (air filters) I've put the "filter air" recipe in a custom category it has not worked, I've tried also tomodify the recipe so it works like in a furnace, and nothing more.
The mod is here https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=7548 but I've not keep the category, modify it and show me what to put to have it working.

Here that just one recipe, but when it would be 582 recipies, it would be another thing ...

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

if you add a category, need set that category to a assembler machine.

eg:
machine1:
crafting_categories = {"category_1"}
machine2:
crafting_categories = {"category_2"}
machine3:
crafting_categories = {"category_3"}

and
recipe1:
category = "category_1"
subgroup = "subgroup_1",
recipe2:
category = "category_2"
subgroup = "subgroup_1",
recipe3:
category = "category_3"
subgroup = "subgroup_2",

and
subgroup_1:
group = group1
subgroup_2:
group = group2

machine1 show recipe1 and recipe2
machine2 show recipe1 and recipe2
machine3 show recipe3

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

I've already done that before, but if I'm not wrong, it don't hide for hand crafting, just disabling ?

I also came to the point where I use furnace recipies to have them automatic (my fusion reactor for example always comes with 2 elements to fuse into one)

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Your guess/ suggestion was pretty close ;)

The keyword isn't "hide", but "hidden" and you don't have to use it in a category-prototype, but in the recipe-prototype(s) instead.

Return to “Implemented mod requests”