spill_item_stack returns created entities

Thalassicus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

spill_item_stack returns created entities

Post by Thalassicus »

It'd be helpful if LuaSurface::spill_item_stack() returned the table of items it create.

I made aliens drop loot, and I'm attempting to mark the loot for deconstruction after there's no more enemies in a certain radius. This time delay means I can't use the instantaneous deconstruction provided by spill_item_stack(). I must store the items in a list, and check the list periodically.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: spill_item_stack returns created entities

Post by Rseding91 »

Ok. I didn't want to do this in the past because it would make the function a lot slower returning all the entities every time but in the meantime I created a way of only returning the results if something is actually using them.

So, calling spill_item_stack() is as cheap as before and if you do something like: local results = surface.spill_item_stack() then you pay the cost of storing all the results.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: spill_item_stack returns created entities

Post by eradicator »

Rseding91 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:38 pm
in the meantime I created a way of only returning the results if something is actually using them.
Could that also be applied to returning the ghost entity (if any) in LuaEntity.die()?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Implemented mod requests”