hide item signals

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

hide item signals

Post by ownlyme »

when you use a dummy fluid for a transformer for example, the fluid (and the steam) show up in combinator menus.
in my mod, this results in 10 useless signals taking up space in the menu.
maybe you could add that the "hidden" flag also hides the signals from combinators.
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: hide item signals

Post by Rseding91 »

Isn't that desired? If it can show up in circuit networks via reading it from a tank for example then you should be able to do logic with it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

as you can see the fluids will never show up anywhere, so they shouldn't litter up space in the signals.
i can't use normal water either because at 10 gw i would have to refill the input-fluidbox 9 times per tick...

it also shows items from disabled or not-yet-researched recipes

the solar-thermal power mod also has 3 fuel items that will never show up anywhere but in the signals menu.

my fluid signals menu looks like this:
fluids.png
fluids.png (96.75 KiB) Viewed 1734 times

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Couldn't that be simply solved by adding flags = {"hidden"} to the fluid prototype? Or do fluid prototypes still not support this? If they don't i'm all for adding that right now. Reason: Same reasons as having "hidden" items.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

I added FluidPrototype::hidden for 0.17.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Bilka wrote:I added FluidPrototype::hidden for 0.17.
Is that a flag or a property?
I checked and for recipes it's a property recipe.hidden, while for items it's a flag={'hidden'}. As fluids are more like items i think it would be more consistent to make it a flag for fluids too. (As making it a property for items isn't going to happen at this point as we all know :P).
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Implemented mod requests”