Show force.character_..._bonus on the Bonuses UI

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Show force.character_..._bonus on the Bonuses UI

Post by Mooncat »

Request:
Show the values of the following properties on the Bonuses UI under the "player" icon if they are not 0:
LuaForce.character_build_distance_bonus
LuaForce.character_item_drop_distance_bonus
LuaForce.character_reach_distance_bonus
LuaForce.character_resource_reach_distance_bonus
LuaForce.character_item_pickup_distance_bonus
LuaForce.character_loot_pickup_distance_bonus
LuaForce.character_inventory_slots_bonus
LuaForce.character_health_bonus

A user of my Long Reach Research mod requested to show the distance bonus on the UI, but I can't find any workaround, so I have to make this request.
Maybe my previous request about the Bonuses UI is too complicated. This one should be more doable I think.

Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Show force.character_..._bonus on the Bonuses UI

Post by Dev-iL »

Now that these values are included, it would be great if they also get documented :)
Specifically - it's hard to understand some of the differences between certain distance bonuses.
Leading Hebrew translator of Factorio.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Dev-iL wrote:Now that these values are included, it would be great if they also get documented :)
Specifically - it's hard to understand some of the differences between certain distance bonuses.
The names are the documentation. If you can't understand it from the name I don't think verbosity would help :P

Such as: "*blah* bonus -> the bonus applied when *blahing*" - unless you know what "blah" means it doesn't help. You know what it means by just using the mod API/game.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

This thread can be moved to Implemented mod requests.
Thanks Rseding91 and Nexela. :D

@Dev-iL As Rseding91 said, their names implied what they do. Though that might requires some knowledge in the game.
"reach distance" = the max distance you can open, copy-paste, quick insert to/pickup from an entity.
"resource reach distance" = the max distance you can mine the resources, e.g. ores, trees, rocks.
"item pickup" = the action you pickup items on ground surrounding you. By default, you press F to do so.
"loot pickup" = similar to item pickup, but this is done automatically and only pickup some special items that are loot, e.g. the stones when you destroy a rock, alien artifact in 0.14 and before.

Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dev-iL »

Mooncat wrote:@Dev-iL As Rseding91 said, their names implied what they do. Though that might requires some knowledge in the game.
"reach distance" = the max distance you can open, copy-paste, quick insert to/pickup from an entity.
"resource reach distance" = the max distance you can mine the resources, e.g. ores, trees, rocks.
"item pickup" = the action you pickup items on ground surrounding you. By default, you press F to do so.
"loot pickup" = similar to item pickup, but this is done automatically and only pickup some special items that are loot, e.g. the stones when you destroy a rock, alien artifact in 0.14 and before.
Thank you! This is very helpful!

@Rseding91 - To give you some background for my request - these correspond to contextless strings that appear in Crowdin. You cannot expect all translators to have in-depth knowledge of all the internal terminologies used in the game, as long as there isn't some tutorial/resource that says "this is your loot distance <show ring around character>, it is used for XYZ... and can be increased via research / armor modules /... ".
Leading Hebrew translator of Factorio.

Return to “Implemented mod requests”