Simple property requests (something that exists but has no way to read/write it)

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Simple property requests (something that exists but has no way to read/write it)

Post by Ranakastrasz »

LuaEntity: SetAnimationFrame, SetAnimationSpeed

I think speed doesn't exist except for things like cars, but frame should be feasible. Ideally this would let us make custom animations/graphic displays, without using the wierd Car workaround.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Simple property requests (something that exists but has no way to read/write it)

Post by steinio »

LuaForce.Rockets_sent()

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

k, sorry.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by justarandomgeek »

for type=inserter, LuaEntityPrototype.filter_count
for type=logistic-container, LuaEntityPrototype.request_filter_count

(or just the same count for both, but since they're different properties in create_entity...)

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Player::is_catching_up or Player::is_being_dropped

I'd like a simple flag to tell if a player is catching up, being dropped, or perhaps a flag to see if a player was disconnected due to being unable to keep up.

Use case: If too many players can't keep up, (iterate over game.players.is_catching_up) and if count exceeds a certain amount, lower game speed.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Mylon wrote:Player::is_catching_up or Player::is_being_dropped

I'd like a simple flag to tell if a player is catching up, being dropped, or perhaps a flag to see if a player was disconnected due to being unable to keep up.

Use case: If too many players can't keep up, (iterate over game.players.is_catching_up) and if count exceeds a certain amount, lower game speed.
That data isn't part of the game state and as such isn't available to expose in the Lua API.

mickael9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mickael9 »

LuaEntityPrototype :: count_as_rock_for_filtered_deconstruction

evildogbot100
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evildogbot100 »

defines.events.on_unit_spawned
has following field :
entity :: the spawned entity
spawner :: the spawner entity
fired when :
unit-spawner spawns an entity

evildogbot100
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evildogbot100 »

LuaEntity :
spawner : unit-spawner creating this entity
units : array of LuaEntity created by this unit-spawner

321freddy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by 321freddy »

For entity type "entity-ghost" where inner entity is of type "programmable-speaker":
LuaEntity.parameters :: ProgrammableSpeakerParameters [R]
LuaEntity.alert_parameters :: ProgrammableSpeakerAlertParameters [R]

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

321freddy wrote:For entity type "entity-ghost" where inner entity is of type "programmable-speaker":
LuaEntity.parameters :: ProgrammableSpeakerParameters [R]
LuaEntity.alert_parameters :: ProgrammableSpeakerAlertParameters [R]
Generally for ghosts of circuit-connected things (especially arith/decider combinators), I'd like the ability to configure their control behaviors before they are (re)spawned.

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Not quite sure if this counts, but:

LuaEntity.color on simple-entity (or simple-entity-with-color?) - The lack of color is the only thing currently stopping me from switching Nixie Tubes from the evil lamp-car-player stack to a much nicer lamp-simple stack.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

justarandomgeek wrote:Not quite sure if this counts, but:

LuaEntity.color on simple-entity (or simple-entity-with-color?) - The lack of color is the only thing currently stopping me from switching Nixie Tubes from the evil lamp-car-player stack to a much nicer lamp-simple stack.
It doesn't. The entity doesn't support color and as such I can't just add it to the Lua API.

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Rseding91 wrote:
justarandomgeek wrote:Not quite sure if this counts, but:

It doesn't. The entity doesn't support color and as such I can't just add it to the Lua API.
Bah. Then I guess My original request (which I believe you may have misread at the time) still applies :)

kumpu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by kumpu »

LuaEntity.collision_box - r/w access at runtime please. Especially write. Alternatively something like LuaEntity.enableCollision :: boolean [RW] ;)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

kumpu wrote:LuaEntity.collision_box - r/w access at runtime please. Especially write. Alternatively something like LuaEntity.enableCollision :: boolean [RW] ;)
Read I can do. Write is not happening as that's a very delicate system that you can't just change them runtime and have the game keep working correctly :)

kumpu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by kumpu »

Rseding91 wrote:
kumpu wrote:LuaEntity.collision_box - r/w access at runtime please. Especially write. Alternatively something like LuaEntity.enableCollision :: boolean [RW] ;)
Read I can do. Write is not happening as that's a very delicate system that you can't just change them runtime and have the game keep working correctly :)
Oh that's bad news... Enable/Disable collision is out of the question too, I suppose? :?:
Don't bother doing it if write is not possible. No use for me in that case.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

kumpu wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:
Oh that's bad news... Enable/Disable collision is out of the question too, I suppose? :?:
Don't bother doing it if write is not possible. No use for me in that case.

I can find many uses for read on entity xxxx-box including not having to do weird things like offsetting to get get the correct position then having to decide if it needs to be rotated :)

Helfima
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Helfima »

Helfima wrote:....
luaEntityPrototype.production - Solar production
I don't see solar production value, it's missing?

Return to “Implemented mod requests”