Support - Uranium Power

Power generation with atoms.

Moderator: Fatmice

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Support - Uranium Power

Post by Nexela »

That block of could should run as-is, the only thing you would need to change are the "up-strings".

Bobs library has some pretty awesome stuff in it.

if for some reason bob's oxygen doesn't exist then nothing will get changed. You don't have to do a bunch of logic checks outside of the initial bobmods and bobmods.plates just to make sure the library mod is available
well mostly, you might want to wrap your tech changes in an if check to make sure bob oxygen exists. (editing post above)
Last edited by Nexela on Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Fatmice wrote:
Light wrote: Angels always takes priority over Bob's, but the converter valve will revert the gas into Bob's or Vanilla if needed.

Any recipe that uses vanilla will automatically convert into Angel's version, but Bob's must use the valve.
What do you mean takes priority over Bob's? Angel replaces all of bob's recipes with Angel's variants?
The recipes to obtain gasses via Bob's will be hidden so you can only use Angel's method instead.

Bob requires the salt item + water to create hydrogen and chlorine.
Angel requires saline water from a hydro plant to create sodium hydroxide (item) and hydrogen and chlorine gasses via electrolysis. Salt no longer exists since the recipe is hidden.

The method is different but the Bob option is unavailable to you since you can't create salt anymore to use in a chemical plant.
Bob's recipe of using petroleum + water to create hydrogen is also removed in favor of synthesis gas into hydrogen and carbon monoxide as a byproduct.

If Angels is applied to an existing Bob's game, then all gasses must use the converter valve to become Angel's gas since none of Angel's recipes use Bob's version of the gasses. They're effectively removed to add more layers to the process, but also providing decent yields that encourage moderate size plants.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Nexela wrote:That block of could should run as-is, the only thing you would need to change are the "up-strings".

Bobs library has some pretty awesome stuff in it.

if for some reason bob's oxygen doesn't exist then nothing will get changed. You don't have to do a bunch of logic checks outside of the initial bobmods and bobmods.plates just to make sure the library mod is available
well mostly, you might want to wrap your tech changes in an if check to make sure bob oxygen exists. (editing post above)
Interesting...I will test to see. Gah, I have to download bob's stuff.
Light wrote: Bob requires the salt item + water to create hydrogen and chlorine.
Angel requires saline water from a hydro plant to create sodium hydroxide (item) and hydrogen and chlorine gasses via electrolysis. Salt no longer exists since the recipe is hidden.

The method is different but the Bob option is unavailable to you since you can't create salt anymore to use in a chemical plant.
Bob's recipe of using petroleum + water to create hydrogen is also removed in favor of synthesis gas into hydrogen and carbon monoxide as a byproduct.

If Angels is applied to an existing Bob's game, then all gasses must use the converter valve to become Angel's gas since none of Angel's recipes use Bob's version of the gasses. They're effectively removed to add more layers to the process, but also providing decent yields that encourage moderate size plants.
So do I need to worry about Angel's stuff too or will installing angel's + bob's will cause the former to take care of the latter and I only have to add data-updates for bob's?
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Fatmice wrote:
Light wrote: Bob requires the salt item + water to create hydrogen and chlorine.

So do I need to worry about Angel's stuff too or will installing angel's + bob's will cause the former to take care of the latter and I only have to add data-updates for bob's?
Unless you want to directly support Angel's mod, the converter valve can be used to turn Angel's gasses into Bob's gasses to still be compatible even if you don't.
Example setup of this

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Light wrote:
Unless you want to directly support Angel's mod, the converter valve can be used to turn Angel's gasses into Bob's gasses to still be compatible even if you don't.
Example setup of this
So you already made data-updates? It seems you made bob's gases work for my recipes.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Fatmice wrote:
Light wrote:
Example setup of this
So you already made data-updates? It seems you made bob's gases work for my recipes.
No I didn't, I just quickly made the design to illustrate how an Angels player can perform the recipe when you have Bob's supported.
Wouldn't even know where to start with coding anything.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Light wrote:Speaking of decay rate, I did a test while I was out and returned to evaluate the result.

A reactor with 15 rods and one with 6 rods, 4.7% at 100% production for as long as it takes for the shutdown.

Reactor - 15 Rods
3:44 - 1 Rod (14)
3:45 - 1 Rod (13)
3:47 - 1 Rod (12)
3:50 - 3 Rods (9)
3:55 - 1 Rod (8)
3:56 - 1 Rod (7)
3:59 - 4 Rods (3)
4:00 - Reactor Shutdown

Reactor - 6 Rods
3:56 - 1 Rod (5)
3:57 - 3 Rods (2)
3:57 Reactor Shutdown

Sort of funny to see the one with more rods only lasted 3 additional minutes, but by the time 4 hours pass it's likely there's 30+ new rods waiting to be used anyway. Especially given they were 100% for all that time which is unrealistic.

So if there's anything I learned for certain, it's that babysitting the reactors is entirely unnecessary if you aren't endlessly taxing the grid for no reason. Plus fuel recycling may very well be purely optional which is kind of cool, as not everyone may wish to use it and just mine ores instead. Otherwise things work as expected
Decay Test #2

Reactor - 15 Rods
10:49 1 Rod (14)
10:51 1 Rod (13)
10:54 2 Rods (11)
10:59 1 Rod (10)
11:03 3 Rods (7)
11:06 1 Rod (6)
11:10 6 Rods (0)
11:10 Reactor Shutdown

Reactor - 6 Rods
4:19 2 Rods (4)
4:20 1 Rod (3)
4:20 Reactor Shutdown

Quite the improvement. Feels much better.

The only bug I can now find is destroying the reactor gives an error. Otherwise things operate quite smoothly.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Light wrote: Decay Test #2

Reactor - 15 Rods
10:49 1 Rod (14)
10:51 1 Rod (13)
10:54 2 Rods (11)
10:59 1 Rod (10)
11:03 3 Rods (7)
11:06 1 Rod (6)
11:10 6 Rods (0)
11:10 Reactor Shutdown

Reactor - 6 Rods
4:19 2 Rods (4)
4:20 1 Rod (3)
4:20 Reactor Shutdown

Quite the improvement. Feels much better.

The only bug I can now find is destroying the reactor gives an error. Otherwise things operate quite smoothly.

Excellent results. I've fixed the bug. Thanks for the report.

TheDoctor89
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Uranium Power

Post by TheDoctor89 »

Hey Fatmice, is your mod compatible with for instance, Nucular?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Nice new updates.

The Coal Ash technologie was not locked in my game but i could research it anyway.

Could there be some forgotten code?

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

TheDoctor89 wrote:Hey Fatmice, is your mod compatible with for instance, Nucular?
I don't see why my mod shouldn't be compatible with Nucular. Have you tried to install both and see? My mod only needs the base-game.
steinio wrote:Nice new updates.

The Coal Ash technologie was not locked in my game but i could research it anyway.

Greetings steinio
Let me check, but its prerequisite is steel-processing. So if you already research that in your game, I unlock the recipes for you for free...might have bungled something up though.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Fatmice wrote:
steinio wrote:Nice new updates.

Greetings steinio
Let me check, but its prerequisite is steel-processing. So if you already research that in your game, I unlock the recipes for you for free...might have bungled something up though.
Yeah working as intended.

Code: Select all

if force.technologies["steel-processing"].researched then
		force.recipes["coal-burning"].enabled = true
		force.recipes["coal-burner"].enabled = true
	end
It should have no effect to a brand new game where you haven't researched steel-processing. This is so people who already had a game and wanted to continue on it and did have steel-processing researched, they ought to be able to start collecting and saving coal-ash.

What was missing though was this for the on_configuration_changed...but small potatoes.

Code: Select all

for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do
				if force.technologies["steel-processing"].researched then
					force.technologies["uranium-coal-processing"].researched = true
				end
			end

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

I haven't played Factorio since your update, but once returning and updating the mods I was welcomed to this.

I may not need fuel reprocessing given the 400+ rods, but now I can joyfully create an Angel's + Bob's style build during the next weekend.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Very nice. I'm glad the compat code worked. Version 0.6.7 should be out pretty quickly if I can get the steam generator and recirc pump sprite done for the 5x5 reactor. This should allow, well relatively speaking, easy access to 192 MWe in a pretty compact area. Five of the 5x5 and its accompanying buildings will give you 960 MWe, almost a GW worth of grid power to spend as you see fit. This sure beats covering large areas with solar panels and accumulators.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Found a new bug by picking up the reactor fuel chest and all the rods became 100% life again.

This question has been on my mind after looking at the recycling recipes, but are MOX considered higher capacity (longer lasting) than 4.7%? It gives more spent fuel, so that's how it looks.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Light wrote:Found a new bug by picking up the reactor fuel chest and all the rods became 100% life again.
Good catch. I know what's causing it. A fix is moderately hard but I think do able for 0.6.7
Light wrote: This question has been on my mind after looking at the recycling recipes, but are MOX considered higher capacity (longer lasting) than 4.7%? It gives more spent fuel, so that's how it looks.
MOX fuel currently has the same lifetime as 4.7% but burns with a higher intensity, i.e. it is more potent and has higher neutron potential. It gives more spent fuel because Pu always generate more wastes. It's a drawback for using MOX.

slaxer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by slaxer »

how long time do the fuel assemblies last (4.7%)?
does the higher %-age increase the time an assembly will last?
where can i change the value so it burns up quicker?

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

slaxer wrote:how long time do the fuel assemblies last (4.7%)?
does the higher %-age increase the time an assembly will last?
You should experiment to find out.
Higher % equals longer life.
slaxer wrote: where can i change the value so it burns up quicker?
Values are taken from library/constants.lua

slaxer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by slaxer »

lol4.PNG
lol4.PNG (156.43 KiB) Viewed 8768 times
these burned up in less than 30 sec
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
i hope this doesn't make you shake your head and burn your soul (if u have one)
lol5.PNG
lol5.PNG (4.45 KiB) Viewed 8768 times
edit: posted in wrong thread, dont know how i got here

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I moved you here of course. ;)

No, what you're doing doesn't upset me one bit. At least you care enough to mess around with the mod. Enjoy ! :lol:

Return to “Atomic Power”