Filter Inserter

Re: Support - Uranium Power

Post by Fatmice »

Light wrote: Image
Sorry, I was adding a logger. Fixed.
control.lua
(88.67 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
-Logging function now available to watch the global.ACTIVE. Enable by
/c remote.call("UraniumPower","togglelog")
Logs are in script-output/UraniumPower
Logging is expensive in ticks so watch out.
Light wrote: But the steam generator now continues to rapidly lose steam when at 70% or greater production, despite receiving enough water to keep going. (Improved from >50%)

I did not notice that the pump only held 100 water before and was changed now to 600. Any reason why this was increased?
The turbine-generator now make 43.5 MW. Two of them make 93MW. The pump's internal fluidbox needed to be increased to handle the new heat flux. The total amount of pressurised-water in the reactor,pumps,and hotlegs are very important and very sensitive. Do make sure you have enough but not too much or steam production will not keep up. The reason for this is because fluid flow has a certain max rate and thus heat flow is also capped because of this.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Fatmice wrote:
Light wrote: But the steam generator now continues to rapidly lose steam when at 70% or greater production, despite receiving enough water to keep going. (Improved from >50%)

I did not notice that the pump only held 100 water before and was changed now to 600. Any reason why this was increased?
The turbine-generator now make 43.5 MW. Two of them make 93MW. The pump's internal fluidbox needed to be increased to handle the new heat flux. The total amount of pressurised-water in the reactor,pumps,and hotlegs are very important and very sensitive. Do make sure you have enough but not too much or steam production will not keep up. The reason for this is because fluid flow has a certain max rate and thus heat flow is also capped because of this.
I've tried various levels of pressurized liquid in small increments and can't manage to keep the steam generation remotely close to 80% production without failure in 2 minutes.
With the old reactors, I could put them under extreme stress at a 5% satisfaction rate but they kept generating steam so long as the pressure water was not maxed out to permit flow.

There were times where the temperature would increase for 10 seconds, but fell slowly after that until running dry.
So if there's a magic number for the new reactors to operate at 100%, I certainly can't find it.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Light wrote:
I've tried various levels of pressurized liquid in small increments and can't manage to keep the steam generation remotely close to 80% production without failure in 2 minutes.
With the old reactors, I could put them under extreme stress at a 5% satisfaction rate but they kept generating steam so long as the pressure water was not maxed out to permit flow.

There were times where the temperature would increase for 10 seconds, but fell slowly after that until running dry.
So if there's a magic number for the new reactors to operate at 100%, I certainly can't find it.
Try a bit harder. I assure you it is do able. ;)

62MW -> 93MW was a taxing increase for this reactor (it took me three days of on and off experimentation to figure out the magic number and the various magic base-areas) thus to operate at the maximum possible output, you have to figure out the magic number...which happens to be
SPOILER

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Fatmice wrote:
Light wrote:

Try a bit harder. I assure you it is do able. ;)

62MW -> 93MW was a taxing increase for this reactor (it took me three days of on and off experimentation to figure out the magic number and the various magic base-areas) thus to operate at the maximum possible output, you have to figure out the magic number...which happens to be
SPOILER
Still runs out of steam within a minute or two, even with the magic number of exactly 2500 in the entire system.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Then you are doing something different. I've run my stress-test for days and it kept going as long as I replenished the fuel.
What sort of fuel assemblies do you have in it? If the energy input is just a little under what is needed, you will loose water from the coldLeg.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

It's just your standard two turbines per reactor setup with 15 of the 4.7% rods as it would have always been. (I even tried MOX assemblies to no avail)
Nothing has changed other than for some reason it just can't survive beyond 70% performance anymore, but before you corrected bugs in the config.lua it couldn't even survive past 50%.

So something was changed in the config.lua that improved its result, but I've never had any issues setting up reactors that function under heavy load in a long time, and unfortunately I'm not fluent in coding to assist you further in finding out what it may be.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

70% of max is 30.4 MW, that is what it was before. I can assure it is not something to do with code.
04.zip
(848.24 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
That's a test build for stressing. You need to have some stressors. I suggests using creative-mode and put down one of those thing that eats energy.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Now I'm at a complete loss for words.

After using the map you provided, I returned to my test save and the reactor is working absolutely fine even under intense stress of 1% satisfaction.

For the record, this is what I was using to test with:
Test
I'm completely dumbfounded as to what corrected the flaw, but at least it's working now so I can look at testing other things. I also didn't know you could rotate the tanks around, that was interesting to see.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Light wrote:Now I'm at a complete loss for words.
Well don't go completely dumb...I still need the fluid names from the other mods for compat

Light wrote: After using the map you provided, I returned to my test save and the reactor is working absolutely fine even under intense stress of 1% satisfaction.

Test
I'm completely dumbfounded as to what corrected the flaw, but at least it's working now so I can look at testing other things. I also didn't know you could rotate the tanks around, that was interesting to see.
Steam-generator will look as if it is insufficient but might take up to 60s to recover. You might also had too much low-pressure-steam that was backed-up in the twilight zone so it was working hard to condense it...there's probably other reasons as well and I can't tell unless I'm looking at it.

Do note, at max output, the decay factor is 1, which means fuel-assembly health damage is applied without change. While you can run with just 6-7 fuel assemblies at max output, having 15 should bring increase the longevity of all of the fuel-assemblies in the chest.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Fatmice wrote:
Light wrote:Now I'm at a complete loss for words.
Well don't go completely dumb...I still need the fluid names from the other mods for compat
Do I get them from the locale file like this?

or is there somewhere else I need to retrieve them?
Fatmice wrote:
Light wrote: After using the map you provided, I returned to my test save and the reactor is working absolutely fine even under intense stress of 1% satisfaction.

Test
Steam-generator will look as if it is insufficient but might take up to 60s to recover. You might also had too much low-pressure-steam that was backed-up in the twilight zone so it was working hard to condense it...there's probably other reasons as well and I can't tell unless I'm looking at it.

Do note, at max output, the decay factor is 1, which means fuel-assembly health damage is applied without change. While you can run with just 6-7 fuel assemblies at max output, having 15 should bring increase the longevity of all of the fuel-assemblies in the chest.
I did have issues with the low pressure steam before the hotfix (which may have glitched things), but just to be entirely sure, I'm going to rebuild all reactors anew and fully prep them so the steam and temperature is constant before connecting them to the main grid. But should it happen again, I'll just reload the save and see if that corrects it. I truly don't know what magically ticked but hopefully it stays this way.

Good to know I don't need all 15 assemblies, but I've got 400+ to burn so may as well max the chests.
I'm also glad that we can create slurry from coal ash and sulfuric acid, since it seems like fluorine chests never empty compared to uraninte in any map I play.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

From bob's mod, they are exactly as they are written for nitrogen and oxygen.

from bobplates mod

Code: Select all

oxygen
nitrogen

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

So just to be sure
From bob's

oxygen
nitrogen
No hydrogen for bob?

From Angel's

gas-hydrogen
gas-oxygen
Does Angel have nitrogen as well?

....Does anyone knows how to make a recipe uses either or of something otherwise compatibility or the ability to use another mod's product is pretty harry.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Bob's (Straightforward stuff)

[fluid-name]
hydrogen=Hydrogen
oxygen=Oxygen
nitrogen=Nitrogen
chlorine=Chlorine

liquid-air=Compressed air
hydrogen-chloride=Hydrogen chloride
sulfur-dioxide=Sulfur dioxide
nitrogen-dioxide=Nitrogen dioxide
nitric-acid=Nitric acid
tungstic-acid=Tungstic acid
ferric-chloride-solution=Ferric chloride solution
liquid-fuel=Liquid fuel
lithia-water=Lithia Water

Angel's

[fluid-name]
gas-hydrogen=Hydrogen Gas
gas-oxygen=Oxygen Gas
gas-chlorine=Chlorine Gas
gas-hydrogen-chloride=Hydrogen Chloride Gas
liquid-hydrochloric-acid=Hydrochloric Acid
gas-carbon-monoxide=Carbon Monoxide
gas-carbon-dioxide=Carbon Dioxide
liquid-hydrofluoric-acid=Hydrofluoric Acid
gas-allylchlorid=Allylchlorid Gas
gas-epichlorhydrin=Epichlorhydrin Gas
gas-glycerol=Glycerol Gas
liquid-perchloric-acid=Perchloric Acid

gas-methane=Methane Gas
gas-ethane=Ethane Gas
gas-butane=Butane Gas
gas-propene=Propene Gas
liquid-naphtha=Naphtha
liquid-mineral-oil=Base Mineral Oil
liquid-fuel-oil=Fuel Oil
gas-methanol=Methanol Gas
gas-ethylene=Ethylene Gas
gas-benzene=Benzene Gas
gas-synthesis=Synthesis Gas
gas-butadiene=Butadiene Gas
gas-phenol=Phenol Gas
gas-ethylbenzene=Ethylbenzene Gas
gas-styrene=Styrene Gas
gas-formaldehyde=Formaldehyde Gas
gas-polyethylene=Polyethylene Gas
gas-chlor-methane=Chlor Methane Gas

gas-compressed-air=Compressed Air
gas-nitrogen=Nitrogen Gas
gas-ammonia=Ammonia Gas
gas-nitrogen-dioxide=Nitrogen Dioxide Gas
gas-ammonium-chloride=Ammonium Chloride Gas
gas-urea=Urea Gas
gas-melamine=Melamine Gas
liquid-nitric-acid=Nitric Acid
gas-monochloramine=Monochloramine Gas
gas-hydrazine=Hydrazine Gas
solid-sodium-hypochlorite=Sodium Hypochlorite
gas-methylamine=Methylamine Gas
gas-dimethylamine=Dimethylamine Gas
gas-dimethylhydrazine=Dimethylhydrazine Gas

gas-natural-1=Natural Gas
liquid-multi-phase-oil=Multi Phase Oil
gas-raw-1=Raw Gas
liquid-condensates=Gas Condensates
gas-acid=Acid Gas
liquid-ngl=Natural Gas Liquids
gas-residual=Residual Gas

gas-hydrogen-sulfide=Hydrogen Sulfide Gas
gas-sulfur-dioxide=Sulfur Dioxide Gas
liquid-sulfuric-acid=Sulfuric Acid
Angels always takes priority over Bob's, but the converter valve will revert the gas into Bob's or Vanilla if needed.

Any recipe that uses vanilla will automatically convert into Angel's version, but Bob's must use the valve.
Image Image
Last edited by Light on Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Light wrote: Good to know I don't need all 15 assemblies, but I've got 400+ to burn so may as well max the chests.
I'm also glad that we can create slurry from coal ash and sulfuric acid, since it seems like fluorine chests never empty compared to uraninte in any map I play.
I'm revising decay_factor = (reactor-output/reactor-max-output) * (reactor-output/total-fuel-assembly-energy-potential)
reactor-output => electricity being generated on the turbine side (in J)
reactor-max-output => is not the stated MW on the tooltip or the name, but is around 38% of that (in J)
total-fuel-assembly-energy-potential => sum of fuel-assembly-energy-potential * reactor-factor * 60 * 1000000 (in J)

fuel-health = fuel-health - (decay_amount*decay_factor)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Fatmice wrote: ....Does anyone knows how to make a recipe uses either or of something otherwise compatibility or the ability to use another mod's product is pretty harry.

The easiest way would be to add an optional dependency on bobplates and in your prototype do something like this:

if not data.raw.fluid["oxygen"] then
--Create UP oxygen here.
end

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Nexela wrote: The easiest way would be to add an optional dependency on bobplates and in your prototype do something like this:

if not data.raw.fluid["oxygen"] then
--Create UP oxygen here.
end
Definitely no. The reason I made my own gases was to be independent of any other mod. I can only expect the player to have the base-game and nothing else.

I can do in data-updates.lua something like

if data.raw.fluid["oxygen"] then
--replace recipes using my oxygen with "oxygen"
end

The issue is all of my recipes are locked behind technology. Would this affect the state of recipe unlock if the mod containing "oxygen" is removed?
Light wrote: Angels always takes priority over Bob's, but the converter valve will revert the gas into Bob's or Vanilla if needed.

Any recipe that uses vanilla will automatically convert into Angel's version, but Bob's must use the valve.
What do you mean takes priority over Bob's? Angel replaces all of bob's recipes with Angel's variants?

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Speaking of decay rate, I did a test while I was out and returned to evaluate the result.

A reactor with 15 rods and one with 6 rods, 4.7% at 100% production for as long as it takes for the shutdown.

Reactor - 15 Rods
3:44 - 1 Rod (14)
3:45 - 1 Rod (13)
3:47 - 1 Rod (12)
3:50 - 3 Rods (9)
3:55 - 1 Rod (8)
3:56 - 1 Rod (7)
3:59 - 4 Rods (3)
4:00 - Reactor Shutdown

Reactor - 6 Rods
3:56 - 1 Rod (5)
3:57 - 3 Rods (2)
3:57 Reactor Shutdown

Sort of funny to see the one with more rods only lasted 3 additional minutes, but by the time 4 hours pass it's likely there's 30+ new rods waiting to be used anyway. Especially given they were 100% for all that time which is unrealistic.

So if there's anything I learned for certain, it's that babysitting the reactors is entirely unnecessary if you aren't endlessly taxing the grid for no reason. Plus fuel recycling may very well be purely optional which is kind of cool, as not everyone may wish to use it and just mine ores instead.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Light wrote:
Sort of funny to see the one with more rods only lasted 3 additional minutes, but by the time 4 hours pass it's likely there's 30+ new rods waiting to be used anyway. Especially given they were 100% for all that time which is unrealistic.

So if there's anything I learned for certain, it's that babysitting the reactors is entirely unnecessary if you aren't endlessly taxing the grid for no reason. Plus fuel recycling may very well be purely optional which is kind of cool, as not everyone may wish to use it and just mine ores instead.
New decay factor should change your results giving the 15 rods one longer times.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

How about this in data-updates

if bobmods and bobmods.plates then
-- replace all up-oxygen with bob-oxygen
bobmods.lib.recipe.replace_ingredient_in_all("up-oxygen", "oxygen")

if data.raw.recipe["oxygen"] then --make sure oxygen exists before changing tech
--remove up-oxygen unlocks
bobmods.lib.tech.remove_recipe_unlock("up-tech-that-unlocks-up-oxygen", "up-oxygen")

--optionally add in bobs oxygen, not needed since bobs fluids are unlocked early enough
bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("up-tech-that-unlocks-up-oxygen", "oxygen")
end
end
Last edited by Nexela on Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Nexela wrote:How about this in data-updates

if bobmods and bobmods.plates then
-- replace all up-oxygen with bob-oxygen
bobmods.lib.recipe.replace_ingredient_in_all("up-oxygen", "oxygen")

-- replace up-oxygen unlocks
bobmods.lib.tech.remove_recipe_unlock("up-tech-that-unlocks-up-oxygen", "up-oxygen")

--optionally add in bobs oxygen, not needed since bobs fluids are unlocked early enough
bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("up-tech-that-unlocks-up-oxygen", "oxygen")
end
Is that code or psuedocode? I have not taken a look at bob's data manipulation libraries

Return to “Atomic Power”