Support - Uranium Power

Power generation with atoms.

Moderator: Fatmice

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Uranium Power

Post by Fatmice »

xrectifyx wrote:Bug with all ores not spawning except for coal and copper (loaded 15+ games, very high frequency on all ores) even checked a good bit each map with a car. on factorio version 0.3.13 and mod version 0.6.4. i know this was just released (0.13.3), but i figured i would throw you a heads up about the ores not spawning.

edit: i am also not getting any ores aside from copper and coal on 0.13.2
edit 2: placing the ore frequency at anything other than normal on both .13.2 and .13.3 will cause the game to not spawn any ores but copper and coal. Not sure if this is a limitation of the game or the mod. Ores spawn correctly when both uranite and flurite are left on the default frequency spawn value of "normal".
Yes, play on normal/default resource-gen for now while I figure out the issue.
Requia wrote:It just crashes when it tries to load the mod though, with no error message :(

What stuff do you need for a bug report? Linux is probably relevant though.
Sane things that would allow me to figure out the crash? I don't have any crashing issues running just plain Factorio 0.13.2 and UraniumPower 0.6.4
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

enel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Support - Uranium Power

Post by enel »

Fatmice wrote:Hi, did you download the correct version? I am not getting such error with a freshly downloaded game (0.13.2) and only my mod (0.6.4)
Hey, yep. Recent version of both your mod and Factorio, 0.6.4 and 0.13.3 respectively.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I am not getting such crash. So something else is wrong on your end and I do not know what. I just downloaded everything fresh to test again and nada.

enel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by enel »

Fatmice wrote:I am not getting such crash. So something else is wrong on your end and I do not know what. I just downloaded everything fresh to test again and nada.
Did the same just now, still the same. I guess I'm to stupid to see what's the actual issue. Can I do something wrong 'installing' the mod? It's just pasting the archive into the mod folder, right?

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Yes, for the most part. Have you tried installing through the mod portal within the game? I just did and no error on load. It really does look like your error has to do with the zip being corrupted so it can't load the spritesheet.

Requia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Requia »

Tried 13.2, same thing. Tried it off the mod portal (signing up for that off a Steam purchase is way more work than it should be) same thing.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I honestly don't know what to say or how to help you guys. I've been passing this exact version + other mods back and forth to Factorio dev, to address unrelated crashing bugs, all morning and there are no problems. So I do not know why you are crashing on start-up. What's in the factorio-current.log?

Requia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Requia »

Ah, now we have an error message.
1.217 Checksum for mod UraniumPower: 432379650
2.442 Error Util.cpp:57: Sprite "__UraniumPower__/graphics/entity/explosions/uranium-explosion-1.png" couldn't be loaded
Checksum included since that should tell if we're somehow getting a corrupted download. That particular file looks just fine to me.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Requia wrote:Ah, now we have an error message.
1.217 Checksum for mod UraniumPower: 432379650
2.442 Error Util.cpp:57: Sprite "__UraniumPower__/graphics/entity/explosions/uranium-explosion-1.png" couldn't be loaded
Checksum included since that should tell if we're somehow getting a corrupted download. That particular file looks just fine to me.
enel wrote:
Fatmice wrote:I am not getting such crash. So something else is wrong on your end and I do not know what. I just downloaded everything fresh to test again and nada.
Did the same just now, still the same. I guess I'm to stupid to see what's the actual issue. Can I do something wrong 'installing' the mod? It's just pasting the archive into the mod folder, right?
Are both of your using unix-like OS?

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Okay as a follow up, download fresh Factorio stable 12.35 and download Uranium Power 0.6.3. Does it load?

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

xrectifyx wrote:Bug with all ores not spawning except for coal and copper (loaded 15+ games, very high frequency on all ores) even checked a good bit each map with a car. on factorio version 0.3.13 and mod version 0.6.4. i know this was just released (0.13.3), but i figured i would throw you a heads up about the ores not spawning.

edit: i am also not getting any ores aside from copper and coal on 0.13.2
edit 2: placing the ore frequency at anything other than normal on both .13.2 and .13.3 will cause the game to not spawn any ores but copper and coal. Not sure if this is a limitation of the game or the mod. Ores spawn correctly when both uranite and flurite are left on the default frequency spawn value of "normal".
Replace the \prototype\resources.lua with this one and tell me if the resource gen is better. The issue is on Factorio's map gen code and nothing I can do about, but this appears to "cure" the problem for now until cube can look at the c++ code.
resources.lua
(3.48 KiB) Downloaded 80 times

Nious99
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nious99 »

Hi all

Thanks for this mod, it makes the game very interessant.

Now that I've enough fuel assemblies at 4.7%, I put it in the chest linked to the 144 MW Nuclear Fission Reactor. My problem is that nothing happens. The reactor has a "no fuel" blinking icon on it.

Another question, if I manage to produce energy with my reactor, I should I use my 30 MW turbine generator / cooling complex with it ? It's very hard to find help for this use.

Thanks by advance for your answers.

Requia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Requia »

Fatmice wrote:Okay as a follow up, download fresh Factorio stable 12.35 and download Uranium Power 0.6.3. Does it load?
Yes.
Nious99 wrote:Hi all

Now that I've enough fuel assemblies at 4.7%, I put it in the chest linked to the 144 MW Nuclear Fission Reactor. My problem is that nothing happens. The reactor has a "no fuel" blinking icon on it.

Another question, if I manage to produce energy with my reactor, I should I use my 30 MW turbine generator / cooling complex with it ? It's very hard to find help for this use.

The reactor is a massive boiler, you need to fill it with pressurized water (do not overfill it, I've gotten the best results with 800-900 units of pressurized water before turning the pumps on) to carry the energy. With the 144MW reactor you have to use the heat exchangers and vanilla steam engines (which is fine, no blue circuits), the 30MW complex only works with the 72MW reactor. I recommend taking a look at the example build.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Requia wrote:
Fatmice wrote:Okay as a follow up, download fresh Factorio stable 12.35 and download Uranium Power 0.6.3. Does it load?
Yes.
enel wrote:
I've merged the gfx from 0.6.3 (which you told me loads in 12.35) into 0.6.4 as well the new resource tuning and re-uploaded the file. Get the new version and tell me if the problem is solved.

Nious99
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nious99 »

Requia wrote:
Yes.
Nious99 wrote:Hi all

The reactor is a massive boiler, you need to fill it with pressurized water (do not overfill it, I've gotten the best results with 800-900 units of pressurized water before turning the pumps on) to carry the energy. With the 144MW reactor you have to use the heat exchangers and vanilla steam engines (which is fine, no blue circuits), the 30MW complex only works with the 72MW reactor. I recommend taking a look at the example build.
Great, it works now.

Thank you :)

Requia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Requia »

The new version loads, thanks!

Requia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Requia »

It is consistently spawning Uranite and Flourinite in the starting zone though. Seems like a bug if only because I've only very rarely seen it at home base before. (On the other hand maybe it was always that way without RSO? Trying the new default gen). Won't exactly stop any nuclear plans though. :lol:

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Yes, it should always give you a patch or two of the stuff near the starting zone. I also never played with RSO. The resource.lua had to be tweaked manually by hand by my partner in crime due to this Factorio's wonky mapgen. I do not know when/whether/if that mapgen will be fixed and whether the resource parameters will have to be tweaked again.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Ore is configured to be quite rare in RSO and currently no starting spawn is guaranteed.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Uranium Power

Post by Nexela »

Bug - if it Aint fuel.......
Attachments
Don't do this..png
Don't do this..png (600.8 KiB) Viewed 4977 times

Return to “Atomic Power”