Power generation with atoms.

Moderator: Fatmice

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Uranium Power

Post by Fatmice »

steinio wrote:Hello,

i finished building my first reactor block and it was really fun to get there.
Only the parts of the fission reactor are really picky with there placing what can be a bit frustrating if you don't watch the tutorial video.

Is it possible to autoplace the item? You show the wrong and the right position in the console - just move it there and place it?
No, the point is for you to figure it out. Though I am redesigning the layout of the support buildings. They're all multi-component buildings.
steinio wrote: Could you also please higher the stack size of the fuel? It's currently 1 and messing up inventories.
No, because they will have certain information encoded into their health. Stacking them would obviate this requirement. Also, they are single item so you can't just drop a large amount into the reactor-chest or carry a bunch of them around your person.
steinio wrote: My enrichment chain is a bit unstable, don't know if this is because of fluids.
In your video you build 1 -> 1-> 1-> 1-> and so on but the next enrichment step needs 10 units, the previous produce only 5 so there must be a quickly growing
cascade of chemical plants?
Yes, I built in one chain. There are ways to do it so no clogging will occur and I have proven builds that do not clog, with one over 420 real-time days of working non-stop. I've posted some images of my builds in this thread. I'm sure you can search for it (hint, page 21). The trick is to build it so there is no clogging. There are some ratios that do not work so you need to figure out that part.
steinio wrote: I guess a 72MW reactor could handle 2 30MW turbines so i build this block and it don't work, don't know if this is intended.
It is allowed. I had originally not intended for that to happen but I can not prevent it. Thus it stays, even I use it. If it doesn't work, then you hooked up stuff wrong.
steinio wrote: In the crafting menu the two marked items don't have a tooltip description. Looks they are the same rectors because i crafted both and don't see a
different. Should there be a 144MW reactor or where did i read from this?
The tool-tip should be there. They are also two different reactors as one cost more than the other. The 144 MW doesn't have multi-blocks structures but uses manually designed heat loops to make power. My example builds showed one build with it. It's not meant for beginner's use.
steinio wrote:Thank you.

I had to rebuild the block cause the high pressure steam generator did not suffice.

Now with one reactor but two steam generators:
The no fuel icon flickers on from time to time bit no fuel is consumed... so what
The fuel indicator will blink because heat is being removed faster than it can be replenished during some ticks. This is a vanilla "feature" that I can not turned off so just ignore it.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Support - Uranium Power

Post by steinio »

Ok, i'm totally fine with your arguments.

I just use this VoidPipe Mod to prevent clogging ;)

Like posted here viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25270&p=160170#p159971 0.13 will have a "render_no_power_icon" which sounds like you can disable the flickering.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

wahming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wahming »

I've got a reactor with pressurised water, heat exchange with normal water, feeding into steam engines. Is it normal for the water temperature in the steam engines to fluctuate? It's mostly at 100C, but drops to 90+C every few seconds, whenever the heat exchanger outputs a new batch of water.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

It is not normal, per se, but it is how will be. What you can do is put the hot water into a storage tank then limit the outflow with a pump. This allows for the water in the output side of the heat-exchanger to linger for a bit longer to allow the code to change the temperature. I am under the impression that you are using the assembler type heat exchanger and not the wall type.

wahming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wahming »

Fatmice wrote:It is not normal, per se, but it is how will be. What you can do is put the hot water into a storage tank then limit the outflow with a pump. This allows for the water in the output side of the heat-exchanger to linger for a bit longer to allow the code to change the temperature. I am under the impression that you are using the assembler type heat exchanger and not the wall type.
Yes, the assembler type. Will mess around with it some more.

idanny92
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by idanny92 »

hi.

i have problem.

why steam generator does't make steam??
Attachments
스크린샷(3).png
스크린샷(3).png (1.83 MiB) Viewed 5950 times

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Did you give the cold-leg a full tank of water before you made the close loop?

Hardtruck1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hardtruck1 »

hello umm i just downloaded this mod and tried to load up factorio with it and i get this,
Attachments
Snapshot - 2.png
Snapshot - 2.png (134.67 KiB) Viewed 5897 times

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Hello,

You should not be getting that error if this is the first time that you downloaded this mod from the link provided in this forum or on my signature. Try deleting your crop-cache.dat to see if it resolves your problem. If that does not help, then I suspect you downloaded an old version of the mod.

Hardtruck1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hardtruck1 »

Fatmice wrote:Hello,

You should not be getting that error if this is the first time that you downloaded this mod from the link provided in this forum or on my signature. Try deleting your crop-cache.dat to see if it resolves your problem. If that does not help, then I suspect you downloaded an old version of the mod.

This wont ruin my game will it??

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

No harm done. The error message you posted meant that the game did not load and so your savegame was never touched.

Hardtruck1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hardtruck1 »

ok i found what i did wrong, i got the wrong version

Vintagge
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vintagge »

I need help, i got the mod, and i broke the game, it's saying something like node width or something, but i really want this to work

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Vintagge wrote:I need help, i got the mod, and i broke the game, it's saying something like node width or something, but i really want this to work
Well if you had the same problem as the person above, take a look a few posts back for my solution and what the most recent person did to solve the problem.

enel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by enel »

Greetings,

upon starting with the updated mod-version, I'm receiving a (random) error about some graphics that could not be loaded. Sometimes it's the flourite.png, somethings turbine sprites and so forth, yet never being able to actually start the game. Game version is up to date. Any clues?

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Try deleting your crop-cache.dat to see if the error goes away. Also a screenshot of your error helps.

enel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by enel »

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it.

Right after deleting the said file, it returns the following error message: Image
The 'regular' error message (which returns after the second start-up after I delete the crop-cache.dat) is this: Image

For the purpose of testing, yours is the only mod I've currently installed.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Hi, did you download the correct version? I am not getting such error with a freshly downloaded game (0.13.2) and only my mod (0.6.4)

xrectifyx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by xrectifyx »

Bug with all ores not spawning except for coal and copper (loaded 15+ games, very high frequency on all ores) even checked a good bit each map with a car. on factorio version 0.3.13 and mod version 0.6.4. i know this was just released (0.13.3), but i figured i would throw you a heads up about the ores not spawning.

edit: i am also not getting any ores aside from copper and coal on 0.13.2
edit 2: placing the ore frequency at anything other than normal on both .13.2 and .13.3 will cause the game to not spawn any ores but copper and coal. Not sure if this is a limitation of the game or the mod. Ores spawn correctly when both uranite and flurite are left on the default frequency spawn value of "normal".

Requia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Requia »

It just crashes when it tries to load the mod though, with no error message :(

What stuff do you need for a bug report? Linux is probably relevant though.

Return to “Atomic Power”