MoMods: CoreMod Downloads

Some mods covering weather, texture packs, transport, wind-turbine, reactor, interesting weapons and defense.

Moderator: ludsoe

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.9.X] MoMods

Post by Neotix »

Post should be a weak point. We should protect it by standard defense systems.

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

kovarex, good idea I think. And when personal field of post under attack, spends more energy than when normal energy field under attack.
OH, my English really crazy!
Also, locale for last version
Attachments
MoModPackRu.zip
(3.98 KiB) Downloaded 196 times

Reygan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Reygan »

Vitduo wrote:OH, my English really crazy!
Make your you english better "powered by Godle Translate" lol :D
Daniel V. Lenskiy

Inzann
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Inzann »

If I could make a request perhaps. I'd love if the electric post walls that are created had no collision, so that biters can walk through them but as they are on top of the tile that has this electricity they will get zapped immediately with huge damage. You can balance this with much larger energy consumption. If I had more modding knowledge I would try to do this myself. :roll:

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

Inzann wrote:If I could make a request perhaps. I'd love if the electric post walls that are created had no collision, so that biters can walk through them but as they are on top of the tile that has this electricity they will get zapped immediately with huge damage. You can balance this with much larger energy consumption. If I had more modding knowledge I would try to do this myself. :roll:
Ill look into some sort of bug zapper defense system, or release a mini mod that converts the force-fields for you.

As for the rest of you guys, I've been working on the latest update. Ill have it out once i finish testing.

Inzann
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Inzann »

ludsoe wrote:
Inzann wrote:If I could make a request perhaps. I'd love if the electric post walls that are created had no collision, so that biters can walk through them but as they are on top of the tile that has this electricity they will get zapped immediately with huge damage. You can balance this with much larger energy consumption. If I had more modding knowledge I would try to do this myself. :roll:
Ill look into some sort of bug zapper defense system, or release a mini mod that converts the force-fields for you.

As for the rest of you guys, I've been working on the latest update. Ill have it out once i finish testing.
Thank you, that would be much appreciated. I really like the tesla towers and the railgun. The BFG just kills me all the time, it wont shoot until the biters/structures are in range and when it does I am in the range of the explosion which instantly kills me. I'm not sure if I should only fire on stationary targets and then GTFO of there. I tried stripping just the tesla tower and railgun out of the mod and put it in my own collection of my most favourite mods but I was unable to find any item.lua for the railgun. I'm confused if the railgun is actually a part of your mod or in the real game because when I removed your mod I still had the railgun available which really confused me. Is it in the game but not activated by default?

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

Railgun, rail gun...
Yes, it's from vanilla game. Look to %factorio%/data/base/prototypes/item/gun.lua line 100 and more.
Also, railgun ammo (darts) in ammo.lua line 206 and more.
In game railgun has shooting speed 0

Reygan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Reygan »

Vitduo wrote:Railgun, rail gun...
Yes, it's from vanilla game. Look to %factorio%/data/base/prototypes/item/gun.lua line 100 and more.
Also, railgun ammo (darts) in ammo.lua line 206 and more.
In game railgun has shooting speed 0
Хоть раз в жизни ты что то полезное ляпнул, петушок :)
Daniel V. Lenskiy

filippe999
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by filippe999 »

Is it just me on MoPower, the texture for the wind turbine is dentical to the accumulator?

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

filippe999 wrote:Is it just me on MoPower, the texture for the wind turbine is dentical to the accumulator?
I'm a programmer, not a artist. Ill see about making a texture for the wind turbine when i get some free time.

filippe999
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by filippe999 »

ludsoe wrote: I'm a programmer, not a artist. Ill see about making a texture for the wind turbine when i get some free time.
oh okay then, no problem, it's just that on the screenshot the wind turbines looked different so i assumed i did something wrong when installing the mod, thanks a lot, i've already retasked my solar panel production to wind turbine production, because they are so good,they produce more than a solar panel and work at night, they are just better, thanks to then i disassembled my steam line :D. Now what do i do with my coke-coal lines and 1024 solar panels i completely forgot i had... :|
Also, found a bug, wind turbines placed by construction bots don't produce any energy, found this out when after i placed 32 of then using blueprints there was no improvement in power production at all.

Kiapha
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kiapha »

filippe999 wrote: oh okay then, no problem, it's just that on the screenshot the wind turbines looked different so i assumed i did something wrong when installing the mod,
Also, found a bug, wind turbines placed by construction bots don't produce any energy, found this out when after i placed 32 of then using blueprints there was no improvement in power production at all.
Glad to see I am not the only one. I actually lost my base when I did that, however, as I had my bots remove my solar farm and drop down about sixty wind turbines. About ten minutes later everything died as my power storage ran out. Took me a while to figure out why I had no power despite having huge numbers of wind turbines, but replacing one by hand resulted in minor power. No idea on cause of this, but I can verify it. Other than the not working when placed by bots, and the placeholder graphic, it is a great and exceptionally useful mod. I love having the larger and more potent energy storage as well, it cuts down quite a bit on how much space I am using for my base.

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

Here's a "quick" update for you guys. Not much in way of new content though. Just some tweaks here and there. And a new place holder texture for wind-turbines, This one is animated. This update also changes the random system I've been using before, so it will be more multiplayer friendly when that gets released.

As for the bug with wind turbines and construction drones, I couldn't find a easy fix so I've made a command to scan the area around your player for turbines that arnt functional and it fixes them.

Wind Turbine Fix Command

Code: Select all

remote.call("MoPower", "calcturbines")
In future updates, I've been thinking about making a MoFarm mod which will add more edible foods to the game along with a new farming mechanic.

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

Sorry for the double post, But this is sort of a Bump. I just uploaded a hotfix that fixes MoLogicCore data from being erased when upgrading to a newer MLC versions. As this is a major update to MLC, I've also uploaded all the MoMods with the new version of MLC. No other content has been added. (Been working on MoFarm concepts + New Save on a Island map)

Stefan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Stefan »

ludsoe wrote:Sorry for the double post, But this is sort of a Bump. I just uploaded a hotfix that fixes MoLogicCore data from being erased when upgrading to a newer MLC versions. As this is a major update to MLC, I've also uploaded all the MoMods with the new version of MLC. No other content has been added. (Been working on MoFarm concepts + New Save on a Island map)
I tried to understand what goes wrong currently - I think a part of the problem could be, that often
"subscribe" is missspelled as "subribe"
some such occurences:
mologiccore\scripts\entity.lua
line 11
line 17
mopower\control.lua
line 23

maybe renaming the functions to
"SubscribeOnBuiltFunc" and "UnSubscribeOnBuiltFunc"
makes finding errrors easier?

why are there no
"SubscribeOnDeathFunc" and "UnSubscribeOnDeathFunc"?
just seems curious to me...

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

Stefan wrote: maybe renaming the functions to
"SubscribeOnBuiltFunc" and "UnSubscribeOnBuiltFunc"
makes finding errrors easier?

why are there no
"SubscribeOnDeathFunc" and "UnSubscribeOnDeathFunc"?
just seems curious to me...
Thanks for your input on MoLogicCore, I've fixed the typos that I somehow missed. And I added a SubscribeOnDeath function with a related UnSubscribe function.
As such, I've released another patch update for all the mods. (Not required but new downloads include it.)

Any other functions I should be including in MoLogicCore? The goal here is to create a library of functions modders could include in their mods to make development easier.

Madd_Mugsy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Madd_Mugsy »

Really like the ideas for your mocombat stuff :) I haven't tried out the new tech yet, but it seems like a good fit for playing with increased baddies and the Troopers, Creepers and new biter types added by some other mods, not to mention those awful spitters ;)

I'm guessing it was just missed in the zip file or something, but there's no cfg in the locale folder for MoFarm. So nothing has nice names in that mod :p

Slye_Fox
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Slye_Fox »

Just wondering if the Wind Turbine is supposed to basically just be an Accumulator instead of of a power generator on purpose.

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

Slye_Fox wrote:Just wondering if the Wind Turbine is supposed to basically just be an Accumulator instead of of a power generator on purpose.
We cannot code in our own behaviors for the entities currently. So the Accumulator trick is a work around to control the energy output through lua.
Madd_Mugsy wrote:Really like the ideas for your mocombat stuff :) I haven't tried out the new tech yet, but it seems like a good fit for playing with increased baddies and the Troopers, Creepers and new biter types added by some other mods, not to mention those awful spitters ;)

I'm guessing it was just missed in the zip file or something, but there's no cfg in the locale folder for MoFarm. So nothing has nice names in that mod :p
Sorry about the MoFarms thing, that was a accidental leak by my mod upload program. I've removed it from the MoPack till further notice. But if you still to want test it out and give feedback or ideas you can download the fixed version from. http://www.mediafire.com/download/qyd12 ... mofarm.zip

Talguy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Talguy »

MoCombat 0.1.9 doesn't work with Factorio 0.10.

I found out that I needed to update file paths for sounds to even load factorio. In particular, death sounds of creepers are moved by factorio devs, and all sounds are now in ogg vorbis format.
prototypes/lweps/items.lua
prototypes/lweps/items.lua
Schermafbeelding 2014-06-09 om 16.17.20.PNG (37.5 KiB) Viewed 7952 times
prototypes/aliens/enemies.lua
prototypes/aliens/enemies.lua
Schermafbeelding 2014-06-09 om 16.17.02.PNG (48.73 KiB) Viewed 7952 times
I haven't tested any further at the moment, however other mods in the momods package do not trigger errors while loading the game.

Return to “MoMods”