MoMods: CoreMod Downloads

Some mods covering weather, texture packs, transport, wind-turbine, reactor, interesting weapons and defense.

Moderator: ludsoe

diegokilla
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.X] MoMods: MoWeather Fixes

Post by diegokilla »

I'm getting an error every 10min or so:

Warning: MoWeatherEvent doesnt have a function!

If there is a log or something that anyone would like let me know and I'll try to get it posted.
This isn't crashing the game or anything like that, but it is a little bit annoying so I thought I'd post it.

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

diegokilla wrote:I'm getting an error every 10min or so:

Warning: MoWeatherEvent doesnt have a function!

If there is a log or something that anyone would like let me know and I'll try to get it posted.
This isn't crashing the game or anything like that, but it is a little bit annoying so I thought I'd post it.
Sounds like one of the timer events isn't getting cleaned up in moweather. Ill track it down and release a hot-fix.

Edit: I may of fixed it in moweather 0.2.25. For some reason the function that timer was calling didn't exist. (So i just gave it a blank function that does nothing.)

diegokilla
Inserter
Inserter

Post by diegokilla »

So, just replace the .zip with the latest?

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

diegokilla wrote:So, just replace the .zip with the latest?
Well yes isn't that how it works?

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Mocombat seems to have its rar corrupted :P Everytime I extract it. It will say its corrupt and just aborts operation. Other momods are fine :)
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.X] MoMods: MoIndustry Offical Release

Post by Vitduo »

Vitduo wrote:The Ukrainian translate is updated - now in my dropbox foder V

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

darkshadow1809 wrote:Mocombat seems to have its rar corrupted :P Everytime I extract it. It will say its corrupt and just aborts operation. Other momods are fine :)
My publisher app must of errored while building mocombat, Ive replaced the bad zip with a more updated version of mocombat.

As for any crashs people get related to electrical-network indexing erroring, Ive contacted kovarex and asked him to help debug it. He told me it was a problem with moving electrical entities. (Basically what the rain in moweather does.)
Until there's a official fix for electrical entities being moved, ive released a alternate version of moweather that uses alternate means to provide rain sounds. (Liquid storage tank) You can get it from the experimental's link.

diegokilla
Inserter
Inserter

Post by diegokilla »

Aww man, and here I was thinking it was something with Dytech :/ Glad the bug got tracked down and is being worked on!

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

^ Seems Mopower causes this issue. Any fix available? Its when using my modpack.

would like to hear from you soon:)!

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Screenshot.JPG
Screenshot.JPG (132.44 KiB) Viewed 8456 times

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

darkshadow1809 wrote:^ Seems Mopower causes this issue. Any fix available? Its when using my modpack.

would like to hear from you soon:)!

Thanks in advance.
The bug was actually in moweather, as its caused from electrical poles being moved. As in my testing even though mopower seems related its not the cause. Either way the next update for factorio should fix any problems assuming kovarex manages to fit the electrical-network fix in.

smattz99
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by smattz99 »

Hey I can't find and build the 'collect artefact order' would be rad to have my killer drone train collecting artefacts from the nests they pop

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

smattz99 wrote:Hey I can't find and build the 'collect artefact order' would be rad to have my killer drone train collecting artefacts from the nests they pop
I had to disable the artifact order due to performance reasons I'm working on a fix currently.

MiniMe943
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MiniMe943 »

I'm having trouble getting the Wind Turbines to work. When I place them outside of my electrical network, I get the yellow triangular error sign, and when I place it within my electrical network, I get a red sign. Is there something I'm missing with how those work?

chlue
Inserter
Inserter

Post by chlue »

Hello,

I currently play with mocombat_0.3.92.zip in a multiplayer game and want to give some feedback what we have experienced so far:

Tesla Tower:
Yesterday we experienced the destructive power of the tesla turret. So far friendly fire resulted in the loss of: 2 tanks, 2 gates and one player :(
I guess friendly fire for this turret is completely fine and adds some way to balance this otherwise overpowered beast, but I think some additional resistances should be in order. I propose something this:
- tank and gates: complete immunity
- car: something like 50%
- player armor: basic armor nothing but with the modular ones some resistance would be nice (50% --> 65% --> 75%?). If I can put a force field in my armor I should have reduced dmg from a lightning strike, too.

Spitter Splash damage:
While I really like that they do aoe dmg it's a bit unfortunate that they take out the power poles faster than the towers. My proposal here is to reduce the aoe range such that at least for the small and medium ones a medium power pole could be placed in safe distance of the splash dmg.

Rescue ranger vs laser-rifle:
The rescue ranger seems a bit overpowered. The ammunition is surely quiet expensive, but with a range of 40 and 40dmg/shot @ 1.2 shot/s (--> 48dps) the laser-rifle comes out a bit weak (10 @ 3 --> 30dps). The laser-rifle can be upgraded and ammunition is cheaper, but it still feels a bit off for me. Especially given that the rescue ranger has a much higher range, too. Personally I tent to think that it would be more balanced if the rescue ranger would loose the ability to do dmg at all. On the other hand, why are the upgrades for the laser-rifle soo weak? I would have assumed that it follows the same pattern as the stock weapons, instead one only gets a 10% increase with each upgrade.

Attack drones:
I absolute didn't understood the behavior of the enhanced attack drones. We build some and placed a combat roboport in the base. The result was that the drones initially slowly cycled near the combat roboport but then they went on separate suicide missions quiet deep into the enemy territory (about the visible radar range away). Is this the expected behavior? Due to the dynamic expansion mod we have a lot of enemy bases quiet closely to our borders, but our expectations was more that they help us fight incoming enemy waves or at least go together to the same location and retreat once damaged.

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

chlues post
Thanks for this feedback,

Ill add some resistances to the armor types and gates/tanks so they can survive the tesla tower. I haven't messed with the resistances since I made the first iteration of the tower, which was before we had tanks and gates.

The rescue ranger was designed to be a powerful utility weapon/tool. But I agree it is a tad overpowered as it became my favorite early game weapon. The laser rifle originally was really overpowered due to its range superiority against the biters, however now that the game has vanilla spitters I can tune it up.

As for the attack drones, I'm not sure whats going on there. The attack drones are extremely experimental due to the fact that about 90% of the unit AI is hard-coded.
Ill attempt to fix them, so they can be used on defense easier.

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

Congrats on getting your own "Big mod" section :D
I have no idea what I'm doing.

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

SuicidalKid wrote:Congrats on getting your own "Big mod" section :D
And its all thanks to those of you who downloaded one of the mods and posted on the thread.

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: MoMods: CoreMod Downloads

Post by darkshadow1809 »

erh... we have a little problem. well a big one :P

Mocombat seems to spawn a small biter. Which is.. Invisible. Its targetable but so small its invisible i cannot post pictures since its near impossible for me to track down one of them. Also this is because i use the mod Dystopia on my modpack. This conflicts with mocombat and will render small biters invisible. I am unable to fix it. unfortunately :s Your mod is still very cool and i would very much like it in the modpack. but its unplayable to fight invisible enemies :p So please fix :) ! Ty!

This is in combination with dytechwarfare-bobsenemies-mocombat-dystopia :) So please check it out in my pack and set your gamespeed to around 6 and you will get small biters attacking you in a minute worths waiting.

Thanks in advance!

MStefan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MStefan »

I have an error:

ElectricNetworkSerializer::getEnergySourceIndex,
the energy source was not saved.

I can't save the map. What should I do?

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

MStefan wrote:I have an error:

ElectricNetworkSerializer::getEnergySourceIndex,
the energy source was not saved.

I can't save the map. What should I do?
Please delete MoWeather this is a known issue and.. If im right being worked on? Not sure but the rain particles have something to do with the energy not saving. Not sure why. got explained a few posts back c: Shame it doesnt work tho :<

Return to “MoMods”