[0.12] Bugs, crashes & other issues

The raillayer; must have, if you want to play with railway.

Moderator: Choumiko

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12] Bugs, crashes & other issues

Post by siggboy »

I've found that you can stop the trains (with the "Stop all" button), but not resume them (it used to be possible by right clicking the button). Found in 0.13 with the latest version of the mod.

I've also noticed that the UI doesn't display the destination of the train in some circumstances (the train was leaving due to a signal condition, but the UI only showed "Moving", as if it didn't know the destination).

Edit: Pretend this post is in the "FatController" bug thread :? Sorry...
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

DaftFunk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DaftFunk »

Hello,

Amazing mod :)

I'm having an issue since .13 update
I have the latest FARL version

The track is laid uneven now... can't see to figure out why :(

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

If by uneven you mean that the lower rail "lags" behind the one FARL is on, then that's intended. It allows you to do a left turn without the straight rails overlapping with the placed curve. If in your picture you do a right turn, Carl will close the gap between the straights and the curve.

terror_gnom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by terror_gnom »

Please help me! I dont know where north is :( or is it a bug? :P

Using 0.13.8 and latest FARL from the Modportal
screenshot

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

terror_gnom wrote:I dont know where north is
The secret to finding north
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

terror_gnom wrote:Please help me! I dont know where north is :( or is it a bug? :P

Using 0.13.8 and latest FARL from the Modportal
screenshot
North is indicated in the blueprint by the chain signal.
You have it on the right track on the side that indicates that track is heading down.
Swap the Chain/normal signal around.

terror_gnom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by terror_gnom »

the train shall drive on the right lane, so the chain signal needs to be on the right side of the right track and the arrows do show to north and a train on that track will drive to north... I dont get it :P

I tried all 4 possibilites and it doesnt work :( the diagonal blueprint worked as expected (and the signal is showing in north east direction as mentioned in the errormessage)

diagonal

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Try this one:

Somehow FARL wants the chainsignal on the lower tile of the track (in 0.12 you then could see the arrow, now you can't anymore :roll: )

terror_gnom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by terror_gnom »

That helped, thx :) You should probably add that information to the error message ;)

Mikrotherion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mikrotherion »

Hi Choumiko,
it seems like FARL uses up rails in bulldozer mode whenever you turn and a curve is placed.
This might be because there are no curved rails in the game anymore. Mining curves by hand results in 2 straight rails (I think) - the FARL uses 4 straight rails to make a curved one, so this might be it.
Found myself railless all of a sudden in the wilderness. It was a long way home. Fortunately I also had the peace mod on. :D

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Mining gives 4, i just missed one place in the code (i hope it was only one :D )

Fixed https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Choumiko/FARL

Mikrotherion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mikrotherion »

Ah, great.:D
Bulldozer is a very convenient mode when you play on maps with scarce resources. The incredible amount of forests on the map I'm playing on atm. also makes the car a less favourable scouting alternative - and even the tank would probably break down soon.

Thanks for the mod.... without it, using trains wouldn't be half as much fun.

DutchTed
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DutchTed »

First of all, great mod, Choumiko. Its made games with RSO mod much more fun. We did come across an interesting bug last night though on version 5.28. Three of us all play on different forces and when my wife (on force 3) started using FARL with a parallel track blueprint, the main track was laid as force 3 but the track next to it was laid as force 1.

I've noticed in the moveRail function in FARL.lua a new rail is created and assigned it to force 1

Code: Select all

moveRail function
Line 232: local newRail = { name = rail.name, type = rail.type, direction = rail.direction, position = pos, force = game.players[1].force }
As it is being called from FARL.placeParallelTrack with a parameter of new_rail (which has already been assigned a force), I changed this to rail.force within the moveRail function and my wife can now happily lay parallel track on her own force. I've had a look at the code for the 0.13 version of Factorio and it seems this oversight is present there as well. Hopefully you will have time to have a look in to this and incorporate a fix in future updates. Cheers!

FARL.placeParallelTrack function
Line 2074: local new_rail = { name = lastRail.name, type = lastRail.type, direction = lastRail.direction, force = lastRail.force, position = lastRail.position }
Line 2079: new_rail = moveRail(new_rail, traveldir, lag)
Line 2080: new_rail = moveRail(new_rail, (traveldir + 2) % 8, right)
The fix:-

moveRail function
Line 232: local newRail = { name = rail.name, type = rail.type, direction = rail.direction, position = pos, force = rail.force }

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

<Offtopic>
Hello DutchTed, from which mod is this nice airplane?
</Offtopic>

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

DutchTed
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DutchTed »

steinio wrote:<Offtopic>
Hello DutchTed, from which mod is this nice airplane?
</Offtopic>
Its one I made myself. A Sopwith Camel. It has similar durability as the car but has a top speed around 170kph. It was put in the game to help scout for resources once flight had been researched as finding resources in RSO mod can be a bit time consuming with a car.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

DutchTed wrote:Three of us all play on different forces and when my wife (on force 3) started using FARL with a parallel track blueprint, the main track was laid as force 3 but the track next to it was laid as force 1.
Fixed for 0.12 and 0.13 versions of the mod. Don't bother downloading the 0.12 version, it's just your change and a different version number (for whatever reason 0.5.29 wasn't used, so now it is :mrgreen: )

mreadshaw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mreadshaw »

I can't save blueprints in my newest save. When I click the Read button "0" pops up in the console and nothing happens. It doesn't matter what blueprint I use, even the if I use FARL to create it it still has the same error. I'm on the latest experimental.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Hm, i'm not able to reproduce it on 0.14.7 with FARL 0.6.0
If i try to read 1 or 2 empty blueprints i get no output at all, trying to read invalid blueprints gives me messages about what is wrong. Can't get a 0 printed no matter what.

Can you try reproducing it on a new save (ideally with FARL as the only mod)? You can use /c remote.call("farl", "quickstart", game.local_player) in the console to get the needed items. If it works this way i'd like the modlist to make sure it's not a modconflict (which i'm fairly sure it isn't, but you never know)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Choumiko wrote:Hm, i'm not able to reproduce it on 0.14.7 with FARL 0.6.0
If i try to read 1 or 2 empty blueprints i get no output at all, trying to read invalid blueprints gives me messages about what is wrong. Can't get a 0 printed no matter what.

Can you try reproducing it on a new save (ideally with FARL as the only mod)? You can use /c remote.call("farl", "quickstart", game.local_player) in the console to get the needed items. If it works this way i'd like the modlist to make sure it's not a modconflict (which i'm fairly sure it isn't, but you never know)
Pretty sure local_player is gone and you need to use
/c remote.call("farl", "quickstart", game.player)

mreadshaw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mreadshaw »

The console command doesn't work. It spawns the 5 FARLs but has an error trying to spawn rail. I think because it tries to spawn "straight rail" instead of "rail".

I made a new scenario though and put everything I'd need in a box and it worked fine. I tried this with my mods and without and FARL worked both times.. Very strange, something about my specific save I guess. I'll start a new one and hope it isn't something that happens once you are farther into the game.

If you want more info let me know.

Return to “F.A.R.L”