Announcements & Modpack Updates

Topics and discussion about specific mods
darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Announcements & Modpack Updates

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Alright guys! I am back and lets do this properly this time!

Download link is up for the LATEST version of the modpack compatible with the LATEST version of factorio! So be sure to grab it now

Multiplayer - Works
Singleplayer - Works
Bugs - Probably ;)

Play testing?

Begins tomorrow! ~13 hours of game play with a friends of mine to PROPERLY test out the modpack:)! but I am pretty confident its stable.

What does the modpack offer?

A challenge.. A REAL challenge.
Difficulty UP in the way your factory is going to behave. Trust me you're gonna have a headache after 13 hours of mind boggling transport belt running, assembly machine crafting, potion mixing nonsense :twisted:

And many MANY new ways to make your factory awesome !! 8-)

Lets have fun with factorio again! all the players who were in alpha and want something new come play this ;) It's a new challenge! and for all the new ones who joined. Welcome to one of the most memorable games you're going to play!
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Announcements

Post by darkshadow1809 »

So... To get some update messages in on what i am doing in particular.. well mostly its boring it involves the script update shown here.

http://prntscr.com/am4pds

THAT number. needs to be as low as possible. Its currently sitting at 0.182 now this number was 2.284 before and was causing serious micro stutter. Hopefully i resolved the issue by doing this.

I've added a few more mods which offer a bit of uniqueness. here are a few examples.

Misanthrope - Increased biter difficulty & intelligence
FARL - Because of demands ;) read here what it does. viewtopic.php?f=61&t=13553
Logistics Mining. Little logistic robots that mine for you now! that is pretty neat.
EMP biters - Disables turrets ;3 so be careful.
and some more new stuff to look forward to :) scroll through the mod list yourself and feel free to experiment!

Removed:

Endless miner (Buggy and wont let you start a game)
Natural Evolution. Too script update heavy during late game. Removed because of that and incompatibility with Misanthrope.

Balancing:

I balanced some recipes especially around Replicators as it was too hard to start out with in involvement with bobmods. So now you should be able to early on research replication 1 and be able to start replicating some stuff :) instead of having it late game. Also renamed some technologies in again regards to bob mods having the same tech names as other mods :P or the other way around :) not throwing any hate here.

What yet remains:

I still have to test Vram usage and run some tests late game on how script update behaves on multiplayer & how much of your processing power it takes :) other then that it should be pretty much ready for release :D

ShadowsCombopack V0-1-3

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Announcements & Modpack Updates

Post by darkshadow1809 »

For anyone having desynch issues. This was not an issue on my end but an issue attending with the mods. Fortunately this has been fixed to hopefully some degree. Hereby the patch notes for 0.12.30 whom are important to this fix.

Changes
Mod checksums are calculated when the game starts and are compared with other peers when joining a multiplayer game. This is to ensure everyone has exactly the same mod in order to prevent desyncs caused by local changes made to mod files.

Read more here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23171

-----

So please go ahead and download 0.12.30 my modpack should work with the latest version I am about to test that now and will report back later ;)

EDIT: Modpack works as of currently 0.12.30 in singleplayer aswell as in multiplayer. Extensive bugtesting will follow next week.

Return to “Mods”