[Official] ShadowsComboPack 0.12.29

Topics and discussion about specific mods
superiorx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Official] ShadowsComboPack 0.12.19

Post by superiorx »

darkshadow1809 wrote:Alright sorry guys i got sidetracked. For now id suggest just updating your factorio to 0.12.20 its fine :) The modpack will say its okay.

Why did i get sidetracked? well devildog asked me if i could do some stuff for his modpack and find out as to why its not being able to work on 0.12.20 :) So now his modpack works on 0.12.20 again! with a few more.. options :) Anyway! Now that i did that ill get back to modding my own factorio. I am aiming for a 900 MB vram to 1.4 GB Vram requirement with around 90+ mods~ Expect it somewhere later tomorrow to release :) Also if things turn out good. Dytech's back in the pack! Wohoo!
Awesome! Can't wait for the new version to drop :D
Thanks again, Darkshadow! :)

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Official] ShadowsComboPack 0.12.19

Post by darkshadow1809 »

superiorx wrote:
darkshadow1809 wrote:Alright sorry guys i got sidetracked. For now id suggest just updating your factorio to 0.12.20 its fine :) The modpack will say its okay.

Why did i get sidetracked? well devildog asked me if i could do some stuff for his modpack and find out as to why its not being able to work on 0.12.20 :) So now his modpack works on 0.12.20 again! with a few more.. options :) Anyway! Now that i did that ill get back to modding my own factorio. I am aiming for a 900 MB vram to 1.4 GB Vram requirement with around 90+ mods~ Expect it somewhere later tomorrow to release :) Also if things turn out good. Dytech's back in the pack! Wohoo!
Awesome! Can't wait for the new version to drop :D
Thanks again, Darkshadow! :)

It should be out soon :) I have ran into some difficulties with Vram stacking.. It seemed it spiked all of a sudden during sprite loading to a WHOPPING 2.5 GB so ive been working all evening finding the freakin bug and got it back down to 1.2 gb~ I am really trying to filter some annoying bugs i also encountered during gameplay and actually want to move in a certain direction of playing with the modpack :) So a lot of new things comming but it has to wait EVEN one more day unfortunately;( SO expect it by tomorrow. Sorry for the unexpected happenstances.
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Official] ShadowsComboPack 0.12.20

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Alright guys packs uploading now and only requires 1.2 GB's of Vram! So not exactly my 900 MB goal but that was sort of impossible. So here we go! A lot of mods added and a lot of bug fixes and the vram goes DOWN! :) Goodluck on 0.12.20 guys! and hopefully lets keep those bug reports down !

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

Chrome won't allow me to download the new update saying that rar is potentially dangerous : /
Waste of bytes : P

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

keyboardhack wrote:Chrome won't allow me to download the new update saying that rar is potentially dangerous : /
I kinda put a whole explanation to how why and when it does this :L Just reeaaaaaadddd :P

superiorx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by superiorx »

darkshadow1809 wrote:Alright guys packs uploading now and only requires 1.2 GB's of Vram! So not exactly my 900 MB goal but that was sort of impossible. So here we go! A lot of mods added and a lot of bug fixes and the vram goes DOWN! :) Goodluck on 0.12.20 guys! and hopefully lets keep those bug reports down !
Thanks, Shadow! Can't wait to try this out later tonight :D

Icehockeyplyr1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Icehockeyplyr1 »

so much for getting to bed on time! Grrrr
Oh well.. #ShadowpackFTW
Dytec?
PS this new pack seems have stutter in it,very brief but noticeable IE Run 2 step>slight pause>run 2steps> its slight but there. Could this be anything pack related or is it my PC (anyone else experiencing this?)
Last edited by Icehockeyplyr1 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zman111
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zman111 »

GRRAH Dytech WHY DO YOUR STONE GEARS UNSETTLE ME SO!!!

tantrex
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tantrex »

Icehockeyplyr1 wrote:so much for getting to bed on time! Grrrr
Oh well.. #ShadowpackFTW
Dytec?
PS this new pack seems have stutter in it,very brief but noticeable IE Run 2 step>slight pause>run 2steps> its slight but there. Could this be anything pack related or is it my PC (anyone else experiencing this?)
I am also getting this very irratating stutter, my FPS doesn't dip, my cpu isn't running at 100% on ANY core, and my vram is well under being maxed out...

EDIT:
It seems the mod Mo Industry is causing the issue! I have disabled the mods one by one, and when this was disabled it was fixed.

Icehockeyplyr1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Icehockeyplyr1 »

tantrex wrote:
Oh well.. #ShadowpackFTW
Dytec?
I am also getting this very irratating stutter, my FPS doesn't dip, my cpu isn't running at 100% on ANY core, and my vram is well under being maxed out...

EDIT:
It seems the mod Mo Industry is causing the issue! I have disabled the mods one by one, and when this was disabled it was fixed.
Thank you for the info. It fixed my game and I can continue on.

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Alright guys after looking into all of your issues. I have noticed the micro stutter. However this only happens whilst exploring something on the map :) > New chunk = little microstutter I was unsure what particularly caused this as it STILL does this sometime with the base game if i have c gamespeed on around 20~ and run around the map. it will dip from 60 FPS to around 30 sometimes. Just by generating new land mass. As for now I tested to see if it reduced the microstutter and thats right. It seems most of momods are causing conflict in some way or another that I don't seem to be able to recreate all to good. (except the micro-stutter part then) So for now. I will upload a new pack with removing ALL of momods until further notice and good fixes have been applied for the issues that floated up :)

Thanks again guys! And sorry for the mess up but i was unsure what caused it until now ;) So try redownloading the pack 0.0.7 < and just delete everything else and drop it back in if you dont want any further issues to arise with momods. What you could also do is just disable all of the momods in your mods menu for now :) I suggest the 2nd step if you know how to do that!

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

tantrex wrote:
Oh well.. #ShadowpackFTW
Dytec?

EDIT:
Thanks! This really helped. I disabled all the momods in the future version of the modpack :) See post above!

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Zman111 wrote:GRRAH Dytech WHY DO YOUR STONE GEARS UNSETTLE ME SO!!!
Oh well.. #ShadowpackFTW
Dytec?

Lol :) Dytech is something I will hopefully be able to implement in the future. It seems a LOT of things broke in dytech and i am still working through fixing half the damn core:P all the childmods from dytech should be fine. Its just the core thats giving me trouble. I'll ask around when I have spare time. but for now i left it out for the sakes of stability.

Microstutter has been fixed in the new modpack version of 0.0.7 see post above. Also disabling all momods in your mods section will cause a LOT better performance and a few less bugs >_> (Hard-crash bugs) this differs from system to system though and how you seem to build your factory so i was unclear on how to replicate it with a friend.

tantrex
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tantrex »

darkshadow1809 wrote:
Oh well.. #ShadowpackFTW
Dytec?

Lol :) Dytech is something I will hopefully be able to implement in the future. It seems a LOT of things broke in dytech and i am still working through fixing half the damn core:P all the childmods from dytech should be fine. Its just the core thats giving me trouble. I'll ask around when I have spare time. but for now i left it out for the sakes of stability.

Microstutter has been fixed in the new modpack version of 0.0.7 see post above. Also disabling all momods in your mods section will cause a LOT better performance and a few less bugs >_> (Hard-crash bugs) this differs from system to system though and how you seem to build your factory so i was unclear on how to replicate it with a friend.

hey shadow! Is mo mods the only thing you changed in 0.0.7?

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

tantrex wrote:
darkshadow1809 wrote:
Oh well.. #ShadowpackFTW
Dytec?

Yup :) Sorry for no other things changed. But for new players that would be a welcome change as to it giving them no bugs straightaway :) So no worries. You can just disable momods in your mods menu as i explained before and not download the update :)

tantrex
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tantrex »

darkshadow1809 wrote:
tantrex wrote:
darkshadow1809 wrote:
Oh well.. #ShadowpackFTW
Dytec?

Yup :) Sorry for no other things changed. But for new players that would be a welcome change as to it giving them no bugs straightaway :) So no worries. You can just disable momods in your mods menu as i explained before and not download the update :)
Right on brother, keep on doing the biters work!

meelock
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by meelock »

i have a bit of a problem: first when i install the modpack, dark matter replicators crashes the game, then when i remove it it works fine. my second problem is that the uranium power doesn't work (i think) because whenever i put fuel into the nuclear reactors the game crashes with the error:

__UraniumPower__/control.lua:355: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

please help me.

-meelock

Dynar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dynar »

meelock wrote:my second problem is that the uranium power doesn't work (i think) because whenever i put fuel into the nuclear reactors the game crashes with the error:

The only fuel, that is allowed, are the "Fuel Assembly 1,7%"- "Fuel Assembly 4,7%". Any othe fuel crashes the game.

I found a compatibilitybug, shadow.... You can't craft the Assembling machine 6 from bobmods.... The reason is 5dim-automatization.... It overrides the needed Assembling machines 4 & 5.....

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Dynar wrote:
meelock wrote:my second problem is that the uranium power doesn't work (i think) because whenever i put fuel into the nuclear reactors the game crashes with the error:

The only fuel, that is allowed, are the "Fuel Assembly 1,7%"- "Fuel Assembly 4,7%". Any othe fuel crashes the game.

I found a compatibilitybug, shadow.... You can't craft the Assembling machine 6 from bobmods.... The reason is 5dim-automatization.... It overrides the needed Assembling machines 4 & 5.....

Thanks fixed in the next pack.

luffe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by luffe »

Would be useful to be able to see what mods this contains. Im going in blind :s

Return to “Mods”