Can we please make constructions bots avoid fire?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Can we please make constructions bots avoid fire?

Post by mrvn »

Just to test it I've been considering making bots trade energy for health so when they get damaged they return to recharge as suggested.

Can I give bots an equipment grid, put a shield in there and have it draw from the bots own energy?

If I modify the bots energy from LUA at what level does it return to recharge?

mudcrabempire
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mudcrabempire »

-Change bot stats to : 60hp, 90% Acid resistance, 95% Fire resistance
-Make bots unrepairable (idea copied from some other post in this threat)

The stats are copied from destroyer bots. The increased fire resistance should make it much more likely that bots can survive repairs during fire. Acid resistance to improve performance against splash damage from spitters. Repairing bots is pointless, as they autoheal upon return to their port and it makes all available bots focus on repairing the stuff that actually should be repaired instead of lemmining all to death.

Is this going off-topic? Doesn´t have much to do with the original thread suggestion other than trying to address the same issue.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

No, it’s ok. But lets me think about, if this suggestion doesn’t belong much more to balancing, than to suggestions. :)

Not really ;) but this suggestion spreads out more and more into “personal taste”. It goes from “bots should not die in combat, it’s unhealthy that they don’t avoid fire/acid” to “bots will die of course, the important thing is, that they repair stuff, no matter of cost”

I think mods are a valid solution out of that.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

mudcrabempire
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mudcrabempire »

Does someone happen to know how to control repair behavior? E.g. how to enable/disable repairability for a unit? Because i´d like to try my above suggestion in a mod.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

mudcrabempire wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:53 pm
Does someone happen to know how to control repair behavior? E.g. how to enable/disable repairability for a unit? Because i´d like to try my above suggestion in a mod.
Should be quite simple with https://wiki.factorio.com/Types/EntityP ... airable.22
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I've just uploaded a mini mod: ScaredyBot
Makes bot that take damage return to a roboport for recharge and hopefully healing.

This mod has 2 settings.

The default (trade for health) uses the bots energy to restore it's health (1% energy for 1% health) until they are below the threshold where they go back for a recharge. In the other mode bots that fall below 60% health loose any energy above the threshold where they go back for a recharge.

The aim is for bots that take damage through e.g. fire to turn around and run away scared back to a roboport instead of committing suicide.
Note: In the trade health mode, when you have no repair bots, the damaged bots will recharge, go right back into danger and instantly heal. Every time they take damage and have surplus energy it is used to heal. They don't heal when they recharge, only when they take damage again. It's a bit of an odd effect.

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

mrvn wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:50 pm
I've just uploaded a mini mod: ScaredyBot
++

My respect for implementing an idea right away.

mudcrabempire
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mudcrabempire »

Xorimuth wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:17 pm
mudcrabempire wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:53 pm
Should be quite simple with https://wiki.factorio.com/Types/EntityP ... airable.22
Exactly what i was searching, only that i didn´t know what to search for or where. Mod done (it was really a matter of seconds so no praise please...) : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/MSK-Balan ... itsroboter

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”