Highlight bots aimed at anything player when hovering over it

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Highlight bots aimed at anything player when hovering over it

Post by mrvn »

TL;DR
Highlight bots aimed at the player, car, tank, train, ghost or fuel or module slot when hovering over it.
What ?
When hovering over anything that can have logistic or constructio bots aimed at it highlight the bots just like when hovering over a provider or requester chest. It should also show the same sort of statistics on the right as with chests.
Why ?
Hovering over a chest is a nice way to see where the bots are that are aimed at the chest. Makes waiting for the chest to become full or empty more interesting. It would als allow seeing if it's worth waiting for more personal logistic bots before running of into the wild. Often when I leave the logistic zone a bunch of bots meters from me suddenly turn around discarding the items they where about to deliver. With the statistics I would see that 200 iron plates are being delivered and where those bots are currently. Having them all turn back is wasteful.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Highlight bots aimed at anything player when hovering over it

Post by ptx0 »

mrvn wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:22 pm
TL;DR
Highlight bots aimed at the player, car, tank, train, ghost or fuel or module slot when hovering over it.

this is already implemented. they get a yellow square around the bots heading for a chest when you hover over it. it's of limited use, seeing how you didn't recognise that it's already a thing, you won't see any bots in the area and fully zooming out makes it harder to see the yellow square.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

ptx0 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:48 pm
mrvn wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:22 pm
TL;DR

this is already implemented. they get a yellow square around the bots heading for a chest when you hover over it. it's of limited use, seeing how you didn't recognise that it's already a thing, you won't see any bots in the area and fully zooming out makes it harder to see the yellow square.
Please scroll up and read again. I want not chests to have the hover feature chests have because I find it so entertaining for chests. I get red or green squares for provider an requester chests. But nothing for e.g. the player.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

mrvn wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:36 pm

Please scroll up and read again. I want not chests to have the hover feature chests have because I find it so entertaining for chests. I get red or green squares for provider an requester chests. But nothing for e.g. the player.
i absolutely did read your post. you could be polite.

and it works for me. i get squares around bots bringing me my things when I hover over the request slot.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

ptx0 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:16 pm
mrvn wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:36 pm

i absolutely did read your post. you could be polite.

and it works for me. i get squares around bots bringing me my things when I hover over the request slot.
Yes, when you open your inventory and hover over a request slot you may or may not get squares. Can't tell, the inventory hides basically the whole screen. I do get a tool tip for the selected slot. But that was 100% not what the suggestion was about.

I didn't ask about the inventory slots. It's about hovering over the player, a train, car or tank with roboport, or an entity with module slot or a ghost. Not extra window open that blocks the view of those lovely highlighted bots and a summary of all requests and on-the-fly data on the right. Just like hovering over a chest. That's what I suggest. Just like hovering over a roboport actually because that is what you are doing, hovering over the roboport inside the player or car or train or tank for those cases.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I tested the highlighting in the inventory by moving the inventory window out of the way as much as possible and then hovering over one of the items marked with yellow. But while I get a tooltip about bots on the way and I can see the bots on the map they still aren't highlighted. So even for the players own inventory my suggestion still applies. Lets add that to the whishlist.

Further the trash slots are not highlighted at all while I can see bots coming and taking away my trash. So one more inconsistency there.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

mrvn wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:23 pm
I tested the highlighting in the inventory by moving the inventory window out of the way as much as possible and then hovering over one of the items marked with yellow. But while I get a tooltip about bots on the way and I can see the bots on the map they still aren't highlighted. So even for the players own inventory my suggestion still applies. Lets add that to the whishlist.

Further the trash slots are not highlighted at all while I can see bots coming and taking away my trash. So one more inconsistency there.
you don't hover the inventory slot. you hover over the request slot.

personally i think hilighting all bots involved with a chest will look like a disaster similar to all the alert arrows around the edge of the screen.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

ptx0 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:45 pm
mrvn wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:23 pm

you don't hover the inventory slot. you hover over the request slot.

personally i think hilighting all bots involved with a chest will look like a disaster similar to all the alert arrows around the edge of the screen.
It already works fine for chests. I just want to extend that feature to all the other logistic using things, i.e. roboports in characters or vehicles, ...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”