When continue hosting on linux/mac autoenable pause-less save featue

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Defective_Soul
Inserter
Inserter

When continue hosting on linux/mac autoenable pause-less save featue

Post by Defective_Soul »

tl;dr - save non-blocking feature satus for continue-hosting
wut - Hi devs & forum, currently i get a littl "iusse" while using fast-continue feature - if i continue host game, then non-blocking saving is disabled default, so i had to re-host game via multiplaye>load save>play
So... could you pleause add in "others" setting something like "prefer hosting with non-block feaure" or somethhing like it ?

why - so i could just fast continue host game for myself & my friend w/o need to do exta clicks / get a little mad about whole game pausing while online and then just reruning host with reenabled feature

KeepResearchinSpoons
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: When continue hosting on linux/mac autoenable pause-less save featue

Post by KeepResearchinSpoons »

1) there is a hidden option for the very this thing already
click me to know how

2) this feature is HIGHLY experimental. (and not so much supported any further than "AS IS")
EXPECT some ISSUES! (RAM consumption is the least of them).

Well, should be fine, if you are sure you are doing great, just go on.
Just keep a "backup save" done normally every 2-4 hrs or so (should anything happen) and be good.

3) with 3 in mind, be aware most problems/issues (bug reports) related to saving (should any happen) would be invalid (out of scope).
You would likely be asked to disable the feature, THE VERY REASON IT BEING HIDDEN and off by default.

Still starting a server by hand? AND you have a gui-rich linux/mac box and still do it by hand? Joking of cause, don't you mind me.
Cheers,
and good luck in your automation journey!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: When continue hosting on linux/mac autoenable pause-less save featue

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moving this to technical help.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Technical Help”